Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing video file size

Options
  • 22-07-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Ok I have a 4 minute .mov file created in iMovie and I need to reduce the file size from 98MB (saved at the lowest possible res in the iMovie iPad app) to 5MB without losing a huge amount of quality. I understand I'll lose some but it needs to be viewable.

This is for a competition and I have to e-mail it ASAP. I've just spent 3 hours trying to do this but to no avail.

Is this even possible?

Any help from gurus would be greatly appreciated. I'm literally at the end of my tech knowledge (such as it was) and desperate.

Thank you in advance.

Sparks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's unlikely to be possible, 5megs is TINY for a video. How long is the video?

Why can't you send it via "Yousendit"

John

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sparky2009

4 minutes!

The video is to be sent to a website (i.e. you browse to where you have it on your PC and submit). The rules stipulate no bigger than 5 MB

I've never dealt with anything that small before, I believe it would be unwatchable, but happy to be corrected!

• Advertisement

Ok. Unrealistic on their part so. Thanks for the help Lump.

Much appreciated.

Totally unrealistic. It would have to be about 200 times more compressed than the minimum quality I would regard as viewable, and that'd be low quality.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭mrtom

Try winff: Convert to MPEG 4 H 264 and you can judge the result for your self.

http://winff.org/html_new/downloads.html/

Advertisement