Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Whos winning the Test war

Options
  • 22-07-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Have been on the outside of all this, have been reading evenews24 and as all news channels are rather one sided does anyone have any decent intel about whats going on in Fountain

yitzy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

yitzy wrote: »
    Have been on the outside of all this, have been reading evenews24 and as all news channels are rather one sided does anyone have any decent intel about whats going on in Fountain

yitzy

Test were winning for a long time but goons have the upper hand now.

At the start of the war Sort Dragon dropped sov in a constellation he had in fountain and gave it to goons. Test quickly took that sov back.

401k have taken ~50 high end money moons up north with little resistance and have even aborted a baby titan and two supers.

About 2 weeks ago Test announced it was struggling financially to the point in which it couldn't afford to reimburse ships, Test members and friends then donated just under 300 billion isk collectively to set test back up. Test's problem was that it was rich in assets like neo etc, but had no liquid isk.

Solar are making a push on n3's sov, n3 being test's biggest ally in this war. N3 then had to move its capital and supercapitals back to the east to deal with solar, Goons took advantage of this by regularly using their dreads on all major strategic timers knowing that test can't counter drop them without N3's capitals and supers.

As it stands now goons are making slow progress and are slowly grinding some systems. However, once N3 have the east under control and bring their supers back to fountain, goons will stop using their dreads which is what is giving them the advantage at the moment. Another issue for goons is that they are losing a lot of their money moons up north and a lot of the cfc alliances are in dire financial need so are getting big loans from goons which is depleting their reserves even quicker.

The fountain war won't be won or lost on sov grinding but Isk and participation and so far both sides don't look like quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yitzy

Looks like a huge jump in sov happened in Fountain they have lost 3 Constellation's there abouts, what happened Test!

I remember in the past when the NC pushes down onto a deployment the moons usually get a hammering, on the Solar war PL pushed up north and took over 30+ moons with little resistance... then again with MM being selling supers to anyone back in the day what you expect lol

Where is PL in this I thought they are on the "Bat phone" still or did the epic loss of the Revenant give them a ego beating?

yitzy wrote: »
    Looks like a huge jump in sov happened in Fountain they have lost 3 Constellation's there abouts, what happened Test!

I remember in the past when the NC pushes down onto a deployment the moons usually get a hammering, on the Solar war PL pushed up north and took over 30+ moons with little resistance... then again with MM being selling supers to anyone back in the day what you expect lol

Where is PL in this I thought they are on the "Bat phone" still or did the epic loss of the Revenant give them a ego beating?

With the n3 capital fleet back in the east grinding back the sov solar took, Elo knight has been leading 70+ man dread fleets and are taking systems very quickly over the last 3 days. Something like 10 systems since my last post here.

I'm not sure if you listened to the PL comms recording of them reacting to the Revenant loss, they took it very well, with Jeff Raider just laughing non stop.

PL's attention and focus is split between securing their (and n3's) renting empire and the alliance tournament.

How I see it, cfc have limited time frame to do as much damage as possible right now, because once the N3/PL capital fleet is back in fountain, test will escalate every time Elo brings out the dreads.

The battle of 6vdt (Considered by test to be their Home system) will be happening this weekend.

Goons are going for a headshot to crush test, I think this is going to have the opposite affect and you will see test field 1500 + people with supers.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

The battle of 6vdt (Considered by test to be their Home system) will be happening this weekend.

Goons are going for a headshot to crush test, I think this is going to have the opposite affect and you will see test field 1500 + people with supers.

I'm just looking in on it the last hour or so:
    http://evenews24.com/2013/07/28/live-3000-forming-up-for-6vdt-this-could-be-amazing/

Great from a tech point of view to see the game able to support these numbers. I'm sure the TiDi is mental for those involved.

• Advertisement

witless1 wrote: »
    I'm just looking in on it the last hour or so:
    http://evenews24.com/2013/07/28/live-3000-forming-up-for-6vdt-this-could-be-amazing/

Great from a tech point of view to see the game able to support these numbers. I'm sure the TiDi is mental for those involved.

I was there for the entire fight, and say the game was able to support it is not really true. The node didn't crash true, the system was capped at 4 thousand and change, which meant reinforcements couldn't get in. The tidi was the worse I've ever seen, it must have been under 1%. Client crashes was very common and it took about 20 mins to log back into system.

Well, I was right about test forming big numbers for it, test formed double the numbers of goons, but unfortunately were still massively outnumbered because of the rest of the cfc.
    However, Goons won the timer and with it have won the fountain war.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

TiDi was painful, CCP did not place a cap on the system but the CPU ht 100% at max TiDi and that placed a physical cap on more people getting in. Hit test bad as CFC were there first in larger numbers.

I would love for CCP to get something in place to handle such events, you know, for when we retake the system ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

First, I was fighting on the CFC side all night and please pass this on (If it means anything to you. If not whatever.)

Test line members fought like lions last night. They didnt stop trying until they knew the fight was lost and even then still pulled off some great kills. There will be some CFC chestbeating today but ignore it. Fountain wasn't the stroll in the park we were told it would be and last night showed how Test line members could still pull in the numbers for a fight (Maybe in a different doctrine you would have done better. Prophecies dont work.)

Last night (And to be honest the last week or two.) Was not down to Test line members failing to step up.
    It was because Test leadership had already decided that Fountain was lost.

The SOTA after the fight was the most cringworthy thing I've heard in EVE in a long time (And I've sung on Mumble with Boat. Bad times :( ) I have never heard a leadership team so insistant that they not be blamed for their failings since IT fell.

Test numbers were there. Last night proved it. Test leadership just couldnt get them in fleet. And that's not down to the line members. Thats down to the corp CEO's. They should have been there from the start whip in hand ensuring the major timers were able to bring the numbers they needed. That way better fights for both sides would be have been had. The outcome may not have changed ( Come on I'm the enemy I have to be against you for something ;) ) but both sides would have had the fabled "gud fites" Fountain deserved. (Mind you 4000+ send off for Fountain? High fives all round for that. Plus High Sec tears cause they couldnt get into Jita. What a night.)

tl;dr

Test line members rocked last.
    6VDT was one hell of a fight.
    Jita Pubbies tears are awesome.
    Is it time Test membership asks itself who failed in the defence of Fountain, Test or their leaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

It's good to see that the node held out, from a technology point of view handling 4k unique clients + handling their actions and queuing them (even with TiDi) is certainly not trivial. This is uncharted territory for any MMO game to have that kind of scalability. Would be great if CCP could build upon that success and see can they replicate it and improve it without such intense TiDi and node caps and disconnects. Reading the after reports is interesting and seeing some people here give their take is also cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Glad i missed another TiDi fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ravenid

Anyone complaining that 4000+ players in 6VDT plus Drones, Missiles, Bubbles Probes, Towers etc. was a failure because it went into TiDi hasn't played this game for long.

Would you prefer we go back to the previous method? Jump more than 1500 players in, crash the node and by the time it comes back up the timer had finished?

The fight was on the most powerful node CCP has Jitas Super Node (Actually its the most powerful in gaming full stop). Hell Tranquillity is run on military grade hardware.

Think I'm bull****ting?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/15/eve-online/

The system was running with NO TiDi with 2200+ players (Thats an EVE record broken already.) When Test jumped in was when it started to need the extra space TiDi gave us to have the fight without crapping out half of Fountain.

CCP should be proud of the 6vdt fight. No other MMO can put out anything close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Jita Pubbies tears are awesome

herp derp i spent 4 hours at 1% time dilation to play someone elses game herp derp

in near 8 years of game play iv never met someone who utters the above quote with out being an inconsequential bomber pilot making up the numbers

You people are literally the dumbest mother****ers in eve

(1500+ solo / small gang kills before lul highsec lul goonie copy paste reply)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

I've played eve for years and not once have I enjoyed 6 hour plus battles in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

test_northkorea.jpg

and also fielded twice the numbers of goons and 5 times the numbers of any other alliance involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Ahh the Battle of Fountain., I resubbed 1 month ago after 2 yrs and ended up right in the thick of it, awesome craic.

Tidi sucked and drones completely fail during it but the fight was more of a statement for Test than an actual attempt at overthrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ecocrexis

Really late to this thread but goons won the war in fountain and then xXPizzaXx + Black legion finished off test in delve..

Advertisement