Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Preparation Courses: City -v.- Independent?

Options
  • 22-07-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I found these threads very helpful:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75648127

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55251939

It seems that GCD is currently not the best choice. Now I am struggling on whether I should apply for City or Independent. After having a look at the websites of both, City has Philip Burke, Mark Cockerill and Patricia Cronin at its side, but Independent has Val Corbett, Ciarán Patton. I am even considering maybe I should enroll in both, for example, doing equity from Philip and criminal from Ciaran (sounds ideal but I would rather not do so because of a risk of timetable conflict)

By the way I can talk a little about my personal experience even though I have not apply for any of them. I have sent emails to both GCD and Independent. Both replied. However GCD ignored one of my two questions and had many spelling mistakes; Independent's reply looked perfect and they asked if I would like to meet one of their lecturers. Certainly I answered yes and one day went into the Independent city center building, looked great. I met Ciarán Patton and asked some silly questions. He was nice and gave me useful suggestions. I also took my chance to have a look at the washrooms, looked clean and tidy. Overall, Independent provided me a better experience. :)

If it was before 2012 I would definitely choose Independent. But wait a second, now there is a City Colleges and it seems that some of the key lecturers were in Independent earlier?! :eek::confused:

So right now I am fully confused and struggling. Any ideas or comments on either or both colleges are welcome. Thanks a million in advance.

Advertisement