Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Photograph

Options
  • 22-07-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I noticed a boxing photograph in Chicago Fire recently in one of the actors apartments. It a picture from outside the ring witht he boxerin the corner, facing the other corner. it looks like Ali and is in black and white.

Searched a few websites but cant find it. can anyone recall seeing something similar?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Is this it?

263873.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

jrby wrote: »
    It a picture from outside the ring witht he boxerin the corner, facing the other corner. it looks like Ali and is in black and white.
    Farmlife wrote: »
    Is this it?

Doesn't sound like it judging by the description...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1256A556F1DA49989F320C56A0E1E039-0000316428-0003318222-00468L-B9114DFFEC6C4F94A23B3F5AC1E2ACEB.jpg

I don't think it's this one but I can't find the one I think it might be, who was he fighting?

daycent wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like it judging by the description...

Good point, maybe this shot was taken by a photographer who was inside the ring :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Farmlife wrote: »
    Good point, maybe this shot was taken by a photographer who was inside the ring :rolleyes:

Just to explain further; the photo you put up bears no resemblance to the photo described, except for having Ali in it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jrby

Guys,

Thanks for the help, but not any of the pictures above. There's only one boxer in the photo and he's facing away from camera with his arms on the ropes in the corner. It may not be Ali either, as i didnt get a clear view of it on tv. It may be a still from Raging Bull. but notheing that i can see on the internet. I've checked some of the main print / poster sirtes as well.

Another off chance

263949.jpg

Nope, right position for boxer but facing the other direction. From what i recall, one one else was in the picture.

keep them rolling in.

Thanks

james

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was he standing or sitting? facing the camera from the opposite corner, or in a near corner facing away?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

image-41-for-muhammad-ali-70-pictures-at-70-gallery-569957041.jpg

• Advertisement

standing,in a near corner facing away, arms on ropes (as if he needed them for support). Black and white, focus was on him and dont think there was anyone (openent or crowd in the shot).

it looks like it should be iconic / classic shot but for the life of me i cant find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

this is one of the most iconic Ali photos although from your description it isn't it.... worth posting though!
    http://dailyshniz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/muhammad_ali_versus_sonny_liston12-e1351986771524.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

this one?

2150_18_0405_07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭bullpost

Clearly not - he said it was B&W :)
    this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

.... ... ... . . maybe .. .. . . !?

lCuBtlH.jpg

Advertisement