Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing FireFox Anti-Add-banner Addon

Options
  • 22-07-2013 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

I'm sure a few people are using it, but i'm sure a few aren't...

Has anyone tried out the firefox anti-add-banner called... Adblock Edge 204 ?

I was inundated with adverts from youtube and rte-player and torrent sites so i tried out a few.

Adblock plus i tried was no good, well it was ok but it slowed the firefox browser down as well as internet explorer, so i came across Adblock Edge 204, and i have to say, it blocks all adverts in everything. I only tried it out on firefox 17.0.1 version.

I check out rte news on rte player when i want to see it but i always had to put up with adverts at the start of it, and in the middle, and the end before the weather comes on, but now it just plays and skips adverts perfectly.

I think i went on a bit of a waffle there but try it out if you are as annoyed about adverts as i am, i'm quite impressed with this tiny addon i have to say.

Just go into firefox settings and click on addons, Then click on get addons and in the search... "search all addons" type in Adblock Edge 204, add it to firefox, restart firefox and try it out. Damn good i have to say. I even unchecked kaspersky anti banner as this is many times more better.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 HandsomeJonny

Do you know of a good firefox add on to block stupid threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Them are some shifty eyes you got there. Boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

You sound like my mom when she first discovered the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

1ZRed wrote: »
    You sound like my mom when she first discovered the internet

Now Now ZRed it's a bit passed your bedtime now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

This is a site that runs on ads.... bit dickish to try to stop them making money on their own site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

you can filter by certain sites, i have adblock for youtube, **** them with their mid-video ads.

This is a site that runs on ads.... bit dickish to try to stop them making money on their own site.

The world is a bigger place minidazzler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 hehehehe

I use to think that. How naive was I.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 hehehehe

zenno wrote: »

Adblock plus i tried was no good, well it was ok but it slowed the firefox browser down as well as internet explorer
    Did you try update Adblock? Or add a few filters to it?

hehehehe wrote: »
    Did you try update Adblock? Or add a few filters to it?

No, i never updated it at all, i just installed it to firefox 17.0.1 and it just blocked every single thing with no slowdowns whatsoever and just works perfectly. I tried the firefox 18 and so on but they are not great, bugged imo but i'd say Adblock Edge 204 would work with them just as good.

I turned off updates for Adblock Edge 204 because if it's not broken why update. I never used filters i left it as Default.

Don't get this confused with Adblock Plus, that will/can slow down youtube videos and the web. This is Adblock Edge 204 only.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement