Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Metroid

Options
  • 22-07-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Anyone remember that game on the Nintendo?
    The one part that sticks in my head more than anything is blowing up that glass tunnel thing with super bombs, it was epic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I started playing this recently: http://drewseph.zophar.net/

Its the same game with slightly different physics and a different world map

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Grimebox wrote: »
    I started playing this recently: http://drewseph.zophar.net/

Its the same game with slightly different physics and a different world map
    Is it also so hard that only hardened speed-runners can complete the first screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chekz

Super Metroid for the SNES is one of my favourite games! Completed it so many times =P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Super Metroid again recently when got it for 30c from the VC on Wii U.

I like Metroid but couldn't really go back to it. Super Metroid has aged much better and then the games that came after like the Prime and GBA games are all great as well.
    When it comes to recommending people play Prime, I always suggest Super Metroid first to get to know the mechanics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Is it also so hard that only hardened speed-runners can complete the first screen?

Are you taking about the escape from the research facility? I was lucky enough to finish that on my first attempt with less than a second to spare. It is much harder in general. Normal enemies take far more shots to take down

There is one part later on that is stupid. You have to pass through a wall to progress further. There is no indication that you could walk through the wall. I only found it by watching some "Let's Play" on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I actually just started playing Super Metroid over the weekend. I've had the Snes for years, but never had the time to really sit down with it until now. Great stuff so far. I'm really enjoying It, but damn am I lost!

Advertisement