Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing Amazon Prime

Options
  • 22-07-2013 12:49am

I notice it's possible to share an Amazon Prime account between a few family members or co-workers. Do they all need to have the same address? I was thinking of looking for a few people (maybe even here on boards) and splitting the cost? Is that prohibited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

Hi VanZan, ever try this in the end? :)
    Looking into getting prime now but not sure how worth it, it is in Ireland.

Nobody volunteered shure!!! :D I'd be still up for it mate if we could get one or two others.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭knick_knack

I'm looking into it here and I've noticed that we're classed as an international order by amazon and so ineligible for Amazon Prime. Accordin to the website we'll therefore be charged applicable delivery fees for the ineligible items (in this case, everything) :(
    Not sure how worth it, that makes prime.

I had the free trial this time last year and it was fine. Now maybe they have changed it I don't know. You should take out the month free trial just to make sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have used it in the past, so not sure if they changed the rules, if they have you could still use PM and get next day guaranteed delivery to Antrim if you needed stuff fast, the €3.50 per time is the obvious downside though

• Advertisement

I had thought of PM Davy but Amazon have a very irritating habit of breaking orders of multiple items into multiple deliveries. Thus costing you more than the single €3.50 you had budgeted for. Happened to me only recently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I had thought of PM Davy but Amazon have a very irritating habit of breaking orders of multiple items into multiple deliveries. Thus costing you more than the single €3.50 you had budgeted for. Happened to me only recently.

Ye it can be annoying, I had 3 delivers not only the same day, but at the very same time delivered by royal mail to PM. All from amazon, arrived in one go, but still had to pay the €10.50. Makes it worse when the three packages would have fitted into the smallest PM locker :(

Yeah man I hear you...it just makes no sense.

Advertisement