Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I started playing World of Warplanes...

Options
  • 21-07-2013 9:10pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think I'm really enjoying it :) The controls work quite well I think for what is an arcade game - I'd definitely say this was less "serious" than Tanks.

Grinding down the German Fighter tree, have my Bf 109 b and am about 8k XP away from the 109 e.

Anyone else playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Shiminay wrote: »
    Anyone else playing?

played a few games in the closed beta

but then I tried War Thunder and quickly uninstalled WoP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think I'm really enjoying it :) The controls work quite well I think for what is an arcade game - I'd definitely say this was less "serious" than Tanks.

Grinding down the German Fighter tree, have my Bf 109 b and am about 8k XP away from the 109 e.

Anyone else playing?

I played it a couple of months ago, the controls were rubbish and bombers were a waste of time. I switched to war thunder as they seem to have nailed it. Good dogfights and bombers have a role too. You bring in all you planes from each nation so your never waiting for fights to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The controls got a major overhaul in one of the patches in Closed Beta and were made alot better.

Haven't played it much myself, just a few odd battles for fun and I found it enjoyable enough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wasn't in on the closed beta, so I've no idea about how the controls used to be, but I think it's very simple to control now, but definitely "arcade" more than "simulation" if you get my meaning.

I'm up to a tier V Me 109 E and am aiming at the Tier IV Me 109 F within a few days - the triple XP is great for rushing through which makes sense since they want everything tested.

Advertisement