Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto 05 Headlight Cover

Options
  • 21-07-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hey all

Just posting this real quick to see if anyone can give me a hand.

I've an 05 Punto and the headlight casing (perspex) has gotten very dull and dirty, I'm looking to replace it as I've the NCT soon and I'm worried it might fail on it. The actual headlight itself is perfect but I'm worried about water seeping in if the cover is damaged, its also dulling the light coming out slightly. I'm worried the protective coating might be nackered.

Anyway wondering if its possible to get the covers on their own or do you have to buy a whole unit, from what I've seen online that could run me 150euro and of course who wants to spend that much when its only the cover thats the issue.

Any help on finding covers or on how to maybe clean the perspex would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Edg3 wrote: »
    Hey all

Just posting this real quick to see if anyone can give me a hand.

I've an 05 Punto and the headlight casing (perspex) has gotten very dull and dirty, I'm looking to replace it as I've the NCT soon and I'm worried it might fail on it. The actual headlight itself is perfect but I'm worried about water seeping in if the cover is damaged, its also dulling the light coming out slightly. I'm worried the protective coating might be nackered.

Anyway wondering if its possible to get the covers on their own or do you have to buy a whole unit, from what I've seen online that could run me 150euro and of course who wants to spend that much when its only the cover thats the issue.

Any help on finding covers or on how to maybe clean the perspex would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Did you try toothpaste to clean them?

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Headlights

Edit:

Check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056910156

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

You could split the lens from the headlight and clean it that way. Headlight off is a bumper off job

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Taking it off/out isnt an issue to be honest. My dad will help (ex mechanic) so it wouldnt be a problem, but cleaning the fecker is the main issue. I will try the toothpaste actually, smart idea. Used to use it for CDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Used the toothpaste and it worked a charm, thank you for the idea, did the job and then some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Edg3 wrote: »
    Used the toothpaste and it worked a charm, thank you for the idea, did the job and then some :)

Great! Glad it worked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement