Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Place for Photo Prints

Options
  • 20-07-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Apologies from the start if this has been asked already but had a quick look and couldn't find anything!

So where is the best place to get 400+ pictures printed off? Standard 6' x 4'. Is online the best place to go or is somewhere like boots good? Quality isn't hugely important as they are more "show to the family" type shots.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Photobox.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

whats photobox.ie like in term of print quality (curious)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Snowie wrote: »
    whats photobox.ie like in term of print quality (curious)

They're quite good in that they'll print whatever you give them, so if the files you send them are good, then the resulting prints will be good. They are quick, reasonably cheap and as I say fairly decent quality wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I also must complement them on their customer service. My package got lost in the post, it took one 3 minute phone call and a replacement package was dispatched that day by DHL at no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If looking for bricks and mortar locations then DID Electrical do a decent print.

I've only come across them recently for photography and i've used them a few times since. They use HP printing facilities and since using them I have had an immediate preference for their prints over the Fuji Mini Lab stuff that I used to regularly get done in Hardley Normal's - print quality better, paper better, and cost was better.

Great value too with DID (imho). 7c per 6x4 print irrespective of quantity. Print 10 or 100, they'll cost 7c per print. With Harvey Normans you were looking out for their prints being 'on offer' (though offers were available most of the time). Even so, the Harvey Norman offer price usually worked out at €10 or €11 for 100 and you had to hit the 100 volume to avail of the offer. So the DID price for 100 (say to compare to the Harvey Norman price) would be €7 compared to €10/€11.

DID also print while you wait. If there's a batch on in front of you they'll tell you how long you'll wait.

The odd thing I found was that their 24 hour service is more expensive than their while you wait/1 hour type of service. Eitherways, I always go for while you wait stuff for standard 6x4 batch of prints. So from me, they are highly recommended for that type of print.

The store I use is the blanchardstown one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement