Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Australia to avoid the follow on

• 20-07-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii

Yesterday I bet that Australia would avoid the follow on in the 2nd Ashes test which was settled as a loser.

The way I read the bet was that Australia wouldn't be forced to bat again but the way they read the bet is that Australia wouldn't get within 200 runs of England and therefore not be in a position where the follow on could be enforced. Before placing the bet I did a search of their rules and not surprisingly there was no mention of bets involving a follow on.

Which way do you think it should have been settled?

Sorry yeh I know its cricket and that no one watches it here!! Its ripe for betting though!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭ Bluetonic

They didn't avoid the follow on, England just didn't enforce it.

The bet therefore was settled correctly I.e. follow on not avoided

Advertisement