Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount and Blade Warband

Options
  • 19-07-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Just bought this off Steam and was so excited to play it - but I'm having serious problems with the start. As far as I remember, it was pretty easy to bustle about a few towns and pick up some men to start with, but I'm getting attacked by bandits/outlaws that are actually spawning right beside me at the start. They have anywhere from 10-22 men, and it results in me getting moved a reasonable distance away on the map, where I get attacked again as soon as I escape. Happens when I play as a male or female character, peasant or noble.

Was it made more difficult in the recent update or am I missing something? Just had to start my third new game because I got left with no money to hire men at the very start of the game! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think that's normal.
    If i remember correctly the higher your *path-finding* skill the easier it is to spot enemies.

Are the bandit's actually popping up right beside you... Or do they come into view and have to chase you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I think that's normal.
    If i remember correctly the higher your *path-finding* skill the easier it is to spot enemies.

Are the bandit's actually popping up right beside you... Or do they come into view and have to chase you down?

They are literally spawned directly beside me right on top of the city I have spawned in at the start of the game. While it's still paused and before I've actually clicked on anything, I can see them camped right beside me. No matter what direction I move in, it results in insta-confrontation :D

I can't say I've ran into that issue.
    Have you installed any Mods? Because i've had some issue's with campaign after i've installed them.

You should post the problem here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=140.0

They might be better help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

20 bandits? No problem with a horse. Just skirt around them, drawing their melee units away from their ranged. Then close in on their ranged units and take them out. After that, you can take your time and kill the remaining enemies.

Of course if they keep spawning, you'd be kind of screwed.

Kiith wrote: »
    20 bandits? No problem with a horse. Just skirt around them, drawing their melee units away from their ranged. Then close in on their ranged units and take them out. After that, you can take your time and kill the remaining enemies.

Of course if they keep spawning, you'd be kind of screwed.

It's doable, yeah, but frustrating. I played it a year ago quite feverently on the ex's PC and while it was challenging, I definitely didn't get mugged before I had actually started the game :P

You might be onto something Mr. Blobby - I did install ACOK mod, but I'm not using it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did you take any quests while in town? Some of them spawn bandits and the like right on top of you. You'd want to be prepared for that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's easy to kill them off but you can also wait in the town and they'll move on. You should also be easily able to outrun them if it's just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

On the world map, your single horse should be faster than 20 bandits etc. So when you spawn just make sure to go the opposite direction until they stop following you. Then make your way to the town/city.

Pathfinding increases your move speed on the world map, Spotting increases your view of being able to spot bandits/armies etc further away.

I wouldn't recommend these skills for your main character unless you are planning on becoming a bandit yourself with few companions. You can get companions that will compliment pathfinding + spotting. I would suggest Leadership as a primary skill to level up as it increases your party size, increases moral and lowers weekly wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Uninstall this game and buy chivalry

-Vega- wrote: »
    Uninstall this game and buy chivalry

Why :confused:

M&B is fantastic... Also I don't think Chivalry has a campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Chivalry and Mount & Blade are two entirely different games. The only semblance is some first person melee combat.

If you get past Mount & Blades dated graphics and some clunky combat it's one of the finest games around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

I thought Chivalry was clunky and slow.

Warband was brilliant, great open warfare especially when you get to grips with the tactics.

I'd recommend getting Floris (mod), vanilla is good but the mods add on a great load of playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Mate you should try out the game of thrones mod adds more depth to the game worth a shot!

lezflano wrote: »
    Mate you should try out the game of thrones mod adds more depth to the game worth a shot!

I have it at the minute, the rendering of the graphics is sublime, and the new character faces and clothes are great too! Fixed the problem by waiting in town as a poster suggested. Unfortunately no matter what direction I went in, I got caught immediately, as they were spawning right on top of me.

Mount and blade two should be out by the end of the year which'll be around the time I'm getting a new Pc so that'll keep me occupied ^__^

Mount and blade two should be out by the end of the year which'll be around the time I'm getting a new Pc so that'll keep me occupied ^__^

I only saw the ad for it on Steam the other day when I bought Warband and WFAS! A lot of fan-girling, I won't lie! Not as many casual/strategic/rpg games coming out nowadays :(

True It's a shame,That's why I kickstart alot of games since the majority of them tend to be niche and focus on them genres

True It's a shame,That's why I kickstart alot of games since the majority of them tend to be niche and focus on them genres

Waiting very impatiently for Broken Sword. Almost made myself homeless kickstarting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Chivalry and Mount & Blade are two entirely different games. The only semblance is some first person melee combat.

If you get past Mount & Blades dated graphics and some clunky combat it's one of the finest games around.

hmm I had bought it a week before Chivalry and didn't really give it the benefit of the doubt. I'll reinstall it and give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This game is awesome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's great hey. The only thing that I did was to mod the game to ensure that when I personally conquered a castle I was granted it. The problem is I reset the game and can't find how I did it so now it annoys me when the castles I conquer get given away.

Advertisement