Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new Build

Options
  • 19-07-2013 7:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40

This is my new build, still haven't received the parts but here are the ordered components:

ASUS H87-PLUS - Motherboard - ATX
    Intel Core i7 4770 - 3.4 GHz - LGA1150 Socket
    Kingston ValueRAM 16GB - PC3-12800 -1600MHz
    ASUS GeForce GTX 770
    SanDisk SSD - Solid state drive - 64 GB x 2
    FSP RAIDER 750 - 750 Watt

Have a case and a 1tb HD and dvd drive.

Not looking to do any OCing with this. Just want a solid PC for using for home entertainment/Casual Gaming.

Any comments are be appreciated.

To add:

Going to Run windows 8 which i all ready have a copy of.

Im going to run the PC of my 50" ancient LCD in 1080p.

I spent about €1100 on the parts. CPU includes a stock cooler which im happy with.

I have all other equipment such as keyboard speakers mouse and the likes.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 drbeatz

also if you can recomend a better build for the same money I would love to hear.

For handiness i require:
    MB
    CPU
    GPU
    HD (looking to Raid 0)
    RAM
    PSU

Budget is 1100 and i can pay by any means.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 drbeatz

1. What is your budget? [€1100]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Home Entertainment/Gaming (Lotro, Tomb Raider, Civ V, Generals 2 when it comes out!)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] Yes except PSU

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Have 1080p screen am considering upgrade to 4k at some point.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] Have all of these.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] All availible

9. When are you purchasing? Have all ready purcahsed but interested to know what i may have missed.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Based in Drumcondra

Advertisement