Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kero Tank and Burner move

Options
  • 19-07-2013 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

About to get some quotes on some work:
    1. Turn the tank so it takes up less garden space
    2. Move the burner adjacent to the house, so I don't have nice warm grass again this Winter :p.

The tank and burner will be about 40ft apart when the work is complete.

2 Questions:
    What ballpark should I be in quotes?
    Is is worth upgrading the burner at the same time to a high eff one, it's a 10yr old Bluebird 90/120?

Thanks in advance

BB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    About to get some quotes on some work:
    1. Turn the tank so it takes up less garden space
    2. Move the burner adjacent to the house, so I don't have nice warm grass again this Winter :p.

The tank and burner will be about 40ft apart when the work is complete.

2 Questions:
    What ballpark should I be in quotes?
    Is is worth upgrading the burner at the same time to a high eff one, it's a 10yr old Bluebird 90/120?

Thanks in advance

BB
    If you could open the cleaning door of the boiler and take a few photo of the baffles / plates on the inside I'll tell you if you have a good standard new design of boiler or the old ineificient type, you see they changed the design about 2002

Do you mean a FIREBIRD boiler, take pics anyway, and I'll tell you.

Condensing boilers are best,
    Good standard type are good,
    Old type are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

9322528476_737eddd64d_c.jpg
    9322529526_9acab026be_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Open the top. If it only has big square flat plates on the inside, change it ( crap type) very ineificient.
    BUT If it has a water panel in the centre and two set's plates on either side it's not such a bad boiler as standard boilers go.
    I forgot to mentione that warmflow use to use the name Bluebird on my first reply.

Advertisement