Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV to record a training restaurant

Options
  • 18-07-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,

Not sure if i am in the right place or not but doubt I'd get a useful response anywhere else. I teach restaurant training and am looking to embark on a new method of teaching/coaching students or at least seeing if my idea is possible within a limited budget.

I am looking to install 4-5 cameras in a training restaurant that would link to a DVR/computer. The footage would then need to be imported or usable with Imovie/windows movie maker as I would like to post a video summary of service online for the students to watch. The cameras would really only be operational for 2-3 hours a day.

The cameras don't need to have night vision as the restaurant is mainly used in the day time but the quality of the footage would be important.

Any ideas. Would love to know if any of this is possible.
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All sounds easily done & practical.
    How many cameras do you think you would need to cover ahat you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

Hi Koolkid,

I'd say 4 or 5. 6 max would do. Its a small restaurant catering for 65 customers. I just want to make sure I am covering as much of the restaurant as possible.

I have looked online but don't want to spend money on something that won't work or would be poor quality. Quality of the video footage would be important.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If your looking for good quality the IP is the way to go.
    IC Realtime would be a good place to look

Advertisement