Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installed gravity fed shower to mains...

Options
  • 18-07-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Being in a rush as last shower, mira elite 2 suddenly packed in and with guests coming i rushed out ,bought and fitted a new mira st.
    Not realising their being mains fed and gravity fed showers, i installed the gravity fed st to the mains supply, worked grand for awhile until it has now blew a seal or something and put water everywhere, luckily i was in the house at the time. My own fault i know, but would like to know can it be fixed or am i goosed and down another shower ??
    cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

bogmonster wrote: »
    Hi all,

Being in a rush as last shower, mira elite 2 suddenly packed in and with guests coming i rushed out ,bought and fitted a new mira st.
    Not realising their being mains fed and gravity fed showers, i installed the gravity fed st to the mains supply, worked grand for awhile until it has now blew a seal or something and put water everywhere, luckily i was in the house at the time. My own fault i know, but would like to know can it be fixed or am i goosed and down another shower ??
    cheers.

New shower I'm afraid. Don't take chances if your a DIYer. People have been killed this way. Water +220 volts and a big 30 -40 amp fuse don't mix well !

You would have been fried before anything triped.

ie. An 8.5kw electric shower is as strong on electric as 140 60watt light bulbs.get professional help to fit New shower

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bogmonster

ya , i thought that.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

New shower and you are indeed very luck your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Your shower definatly CAN be fixed will pm you the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I agree Liffey the shower can be fixed. It usually involves replacing the plastic housing around the pump and the electrical solenoid but its not something I would do or consider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Water and electricity in close proximity, don't skimp just buy the correct shower

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bogmonster

I have eventually installed a new shower, a mira vie mains fed shower, i am still though quite confused.
    Plumber came and confirmed that the original shower that had been there for last few years was indeed a mira elite 2 gravity fed shower. He reckons that this was originally installed as mains pressure might not have been great. He said the replacement for the elite, the st, is not as tough as the elite was and this added to the possibility that the mains pressure may have increased since blew the new shower.
    Regardless, I am now happy I can wash the (w)hole of myself once again...

Advertisement