Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading off of Amazon

Options
  • 18-07-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I want to get battlefield 3 but I realized that you have to be in america to download, would just putting in an american address work?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes just pick a state that doesn't have state tax and you then just get a code to enter in
    this is my address :)

CENTENNIAL HOTEL NOTREALTOWN
    114 HALL ST
    CONCORD, NH 03301-3425
    United States

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why would you need to be in the US? It activates on Origin anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Spear wrote: »
    Why would you need to be in the US? It activates on Origin anyway.

To purchase it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

Would it be affected by sales tax

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

No sales tax in Alaska. :D
    Just get the key off amazon rather than download then use that on Origin.

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    yes just pick a state that doesn't have state tax and you then just get a code to enter in
    this is my address :)

CENTENNIAL HOTEL NOTREALTOWN
    114 HALL ST
    CONCORD, NH 03301-3425
    United States

I'd love if somehow that was somebody's addresses and they wondered why they'd receive random bills every now and then.

Code Gooncave might work too for 15% off.

are you able to buy the key off of amazon

Yep if it says drm steam or origin.
    Just as an example i bought http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Premium-Service-Online-Game/dp/B0087STJLS/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block on the 12th july for $12.74.:D Instead of clicking the download button i selected 'just get the key' which i then entered on Origin.

You'll be fine anyway if you're planning to grab http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40834ttlefield-32-Battlefield/dp/B005WWZUQ0/ref=sr_1_1_title_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1374186696&sr=1-1&keywords=Battlefield+3

I have premium on my xbox do I have to get a another premium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

are you able to buy the key off of amazon

Some games they host downloads for and work fine. This is only when the product details don't state it requires Steam/Origin.

You can't purchase console downloads through amazon. Amazon.com also don't ship games out to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

if you mean do you have to get premium again for the pc if you already have it on xbox, then yeah you have to get it again. Prepare for a 20+ gig download.

Advertisement