Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross-Dressing

Options
  • 18-07-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First post so not sure where to post this.

I've recently started wearing womens clothes at home and get a great thrill from it. Any clothes I have I've bought from the internet and am just wondering if anybody can recommend discreet places in Dublin to buy as its hard to get the right sizes online, particularly shoes in mens sizes.

Also I was wondering if people knew where I could buy fake breasts that will stick to body but obviously can take them on and off. I just have party things that could be bought for stag nights but I'm looking for something to look more real.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

You can just buy clothes from any clothes shop and I doubt anyone will look at you for it. For all they know nor care you are buying them for your wife as a present. Even ask at the till if "your wife" doesn't like them if can she return them or something. If all else fails, buy clothes from online and look at their measurements tables (most clothes websites have them - just compare what they list to your actual body measurements) or even go to a charity shop and joke with the staff it's for a party night and everyone has to wear the opposite sex's clothes as a theme or something.

Not too sure about breast plates but I'm sure other members will and will post here in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

same as what paddy said. go into pennys and start browsing, you might get a funny look from a shopper but the staff at the till couldnt care less.your money is just as good as anyone elses. if your not comfy with that then try Ebay is very good for clothes and fake breasts. Before I was on hormones i used to wear something like these http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Silicone-Breast-Form-Full-Boob-TV-TG-Cup-A-B-C-D-DD-F-G-/310303951898?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&var=&hash=item483f8e8c1a

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

As far as shoes are concerned, you'll probably have to get them from online depending on your shoe size. I once tried to buy a cheap-o pair of heels for fancy dress and as I have size 11 feet I had to order a pair from a speciality retailer online which cost me near €30. I even had to send them back as they arrived damaged and decided to wear a pair of slippers instead.

Women's shoes go up to size 7 in most shops, some even do 8's but that's pushing it. Any higher and you'll have to get them online which can help with the anonymity of it too. eBay is wonderful for that sort of thing.

luckly I'm a size 7 so i can usally get anything i need

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Paddy C wrote: »
    Women's shoes go up to size 7 in most shops, some even do 8's but that's pushing it. Any higher and you'll have to get them online which can help with the anonymity of it too. eBay is wonderful for that sort of thing.

Women's shoes generally go up to Size 8 although quite a few places carry Size 9s. Wide fit and Size 9 is my dream because I can squeeze my 9.5 feet into them. European size indicators are generally better because they're more granular. EU Size 43 and 42 are both UK Size 9 with Size 43 being that little bit bigger. I've been caught out in Dunnes by this difference once where one pair of shoes fit and the others don't but both are size 9, one 42 and the other pair 43. Penney's supposedly do Size 9 but I haven't found any in my nervous searches.

I'm pre-transition trans so while I'm totally wary about the looks you get I have managed to buy a few things thinking to myself, "It's going to get a lot harder than this." That may not be of help to you, but to be honest none of the staff care and if they do they're well used to seeing male appearing people buying women's clothes, whether it be for themselves or their partner and I've never had any of them say a word to me. I know a few of the bigger places have policies on this. And I know of at least one now out-of-business store that had uniforms designed for trans men and women staff that would hang better if they were unfortunate enough to not have a passable figure but the uniform would look the same as anyone else's, just cut differently.

Most places let you return stuff, so you can always try them on at home and take them back. Amazon is generally the best I've found for shoes, if more expensive and it needs a lot of searching, but they do carry the biggest stock of Size 9+ shoes. If you're looking for make up I found Sleek Make Up (online store) cheap and good enough for practising with. The trouble comes with finding the right foundation for your skin. If you're more concerned with clothes than fashion/style you can often pick up end-of/last season stuff quite cheap. New Look are having an online sale at the moment with a lot of peplum tops and dresses going cheap.

And finally, get used to women's clothing that costs roughly the same price as the equivalent in men's clothing being absolutely shockingly bad quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just to add to this, about getting shoes in a 9+ size -

There's a shop in Stephen's Green, on the top floor, near Asha, called Cinderella shoes. It does women's shoes from a size 8 or 9 UP, it's for ladies' shoes in bigger sizes. My feet are a size 5 so I can't comment on the quality, but I saw the shop a few months back so thought I'd mention it. It looks expensive enough, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michaeltgirl

Try Suzie Sequin's Dressing Service, in City Centre (Dublin) you can see her on facebook, I have visited her for some years for dressing and been out shopping with her in male clothes, she sells wigs to at the service, I am very closet because of my profession but takes girls out dressed to cafes/bars too. She is very discrete about 30 .English girl, has all the gear and great with the make up, I couldn't stop looking at myself! Most of the cross dressers in Dublin seem to go to her, I can't recommend her enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Boldrini

Hamhide wrote: »
    same as what paddy said. go into pennys and start browsing, you might get a funny look from a shopper but the staff at the till couldnt care less.your money is just as good as anyone elses. if your not comfy with that then try Ebay is very good for clothes and fake breasts. Before I was on hormones i used to wear something like these http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Silicone-Breast-Form-Full-Boob-TV-TG-Cup-A-B-C-D-DD-F-G-/310303951898?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&var=&hash=item483f8e8c1a

I bought a pair of these based on this advise, they're excellent and real looking. My only problem is they don't stick to the body, any ideas for something that might help?

just wear them in a tight bra, it should hold them in. I found plunge bras the best for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Mod: kendalin, personal ads etc are not permitted on boards. This isn't really the appropriate forum for your request. Likewise please don't drag up old threads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement