Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon-v-Marseille:Soccer/Rugby (Socgby?) Compromised Rules Official Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

seriously cantona as a ref

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

Excellent!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

What is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

this is pretty poor, doesn't seem to have any rules at all and i don't think all the fake pushing and shoving makes it any more entertaining. Absolute screamer of a goal from the toulon player (armitage?) at the start though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nice hands from the Marseille lads for one of their tries too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

JonnyF wrote: »
    this is pretty poor, doesn't seem to have any rules at all and i don't think all the fake pushing and shoving makes it any more entertaining. Absolute screamer of a goal from the toulon player (armitage?) at the start though

Woah, you were taking it seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Try at 6.45 is brilliant- topped only by their celebration ha

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

wprathead wrote: »
    Try at 6.45 is brilliant- topped only by their celebration ha

John Hayes try celebration style right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Different, thats for sure.

The rugby boys should do a Gaelic football match for charity, half Rugby, half Gaelic football, Leinster v Dublin? Munster v Kerry, Connacht v Galway, Ulster v........ lets not go there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

RobbieRuns wrote: »

The rugby boys should do a Gaelic football match for charity, half Rugby, half Gaelic football, Leinster v Dublin? Munster v Kerry, Connacht v Galway, Ulster v........ lets not go there

Eh... GAA isn't too much of a bother up North as far as I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's not usual for some kind of charity "face off" between 2 local teams, I remember playing home and away Gaelic & Rugby matches before. I don't get your ...... lets not go there for Ulster btw, I would go for whoever wins the final on Sunday, and for Connacht I'd go for Mayo or London (you have the other champions in the other games)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Right, maybe the right thing to have said was the Railway cup football teams from each province to play, that way every county would be represented. It would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Right, maybe the right thing to have said was the Railway cup football teams from each province to play, that way every county would be represented. It would be interesting.

They would probably beat us :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

http://www.rugbydump.com/2013/07/3311/toulon-play-olympique-marseille-in-half-rugby-half-football-charity-match?page=1 pretty hilarious 15 mins to be sure. The scrum at the start of the second half was brilliant. Would be funny to see something like that here.

Advertisement