Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dignity Waterford

Options
  • 17-07-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Just a continuation of the last thread which was closed for being old.

I have to say I've never experienced the hen parties when Dignity West used to be open but I guess these bars have to look elsewhere too if they aren't being supported a whole lot by the lgbt community.
    Though raucous hen parties is probably the last thing most people want to experience on a night out:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Its a small town and it wouldn't be a viable business unless it opened it's doors to hen parties. It is a bit of a dive it has to be said but it's just run poorly. The pub is actually a decent size, the entire smoking area is just as big as the bar itself and has two separate sections which used to be in use, there is a snug area to one side with a bar and the main smoking area which used to be seated at the other. A couple of summers ago they were both opened regularly and really catered to the community at the time, whatever about hen parties and the constant diva toons went on inside there was definitely a better space to be had out there. (ironically if you want to have a cigarette now you have to go stand out on the main street)
    The guy who opened those bars did so as a business venture to specifically corner that type of market, so it was purposely designed to cater to the tourist, so it's synonymous with hen parties and drag shows and all the stereotypical cliches you can imagine. I've been a few times in the past but not regularly in about two years, there are much better bars in the town specifically if you're female as when not in use as a hen party venue it is generally geared toward gay men, (in a pick up and go type of way) in terms of style and music and the entertainment offered.

Advertisement