Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopes from Amazon?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I see people recommending various online stores for telescope purchases. A few are based in Ireland, others in the UK.

I had a look around at the Celesron NexStar 8se. There is a price variation between the various sellers. The lowest price seemed to be on Amazon.co.uk - from Amazon themselves, not a marketplace seller. Not cheaper by a huge amount, but enough to cover a powertank or something. Plus, delivery would be free.

What would you think of ordering a scope like this from Amazon? I've found them to be very reliable for anything I've ever ordered in the past, and they have tended to be very good about returns if something arrives damaged. But I've heard nobody recommending them for scopes.

Might warranty support be tricky or something?

Comments

Advertisement