Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on 45's in football off the ground

Options
  • 17-07-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking for a coaching that can give guidance on to improve kicking from the ground in football? when i normally take 45's i can get the power but the shot would go completely off target and if i get (OK not great) accuracy i cant exactly get the power. any tips. thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭willabur

I'm looking for a coaching that can give guidance on to improve kicking from the ground in football? when i normally take 45's i can get the power but the shot would go completely off target and if i get (OK not great) accuracy i cant exactly get the power. any tips. thanks in advance

practice closer in. get accurate from inside 30. when you start getting 80% of your kicks move on out. much like golf, brute force can only get you so far. Yuo need to develop a consistent style that can be repeated time and time again. Practice your routine, how many steps back to you take? Do you step to the side? Pick a point in the air you want to ball to pass through. Once you have picked your line, concentrate totally on the connection - Keep your head down, allow your arms to give you balance. Your body will adjust to your target naturally so don't concentrate on anything other than connection and a smooth follow through. By the time you look up the umpire should be straining the auld back reaching for the flag

Advertisement