Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present

Options
  • 17-07-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Hi folks, my girlfriend got me a birthday present recently. It was "The complete illustrated history of Man United" and the new Man United jersey with "Sir Alex 26" on the back.

Now, while I love the presents as I'm a huge Man U fan and I am definitely keeping them, would it be acceptable/appropriate of me to send both back to get them signed?? I don't want to insult my girlfriend because she spent a lot of money getting them but I don't want to go behind her back and do it.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Oh no I really wouldn't do that, sounds like an amazing present as is, you altering it is saying it could have been better. Obviously that's just my opinion and your girlfriend might be perfectly fine with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah to be honest I felt a bit guilty after posting this but thought I would leave it up to see what people said. It is a brilliant present for me and something I would never ask for because of the expense and hassle involved in getting it.

I suppose the guilty feeling tells me what I should do really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm not getting this, so you want to send them back to get them signed and then returned to you.Whats the problem I would think that is fine.. Sure you are just showing really that you do like the pressie just making it extra special for yourseld..Id go for it no problem, maybe she just didn't realise you could get them signed..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I think it would be perfectly fine to do that.

Advertisement