Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 punctures in 3 days

Options
  • 17-07-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone!

I have included this thread in "Motors", but can I ask the moderator please to move this to wherever he or she considers appropriate.

After 12 years driving and no punctures, I got 2 in the space of 3 days. Exact same type of screw on both occasions. First on the front left tyre, then on the rear left tyre.

I drive around the Dublin 15 / Chapelizod / Phoenix Park / Quays / Dublin 8 areas every day.

Has anybody been in the same situation or have I just been extremely unlucky? :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

punctures just happen,

could get one every two weeks or once every 30 years.

unless these screws happen to be just outside of a tyre center or the likes i wouldnt think anything of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unclevass wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I have included this thread in "Motors", but can I ask the moderator please to move this to wherever he or she considers appropriate.

After 12 years driving and no punctures, I got 2 in the space of 3 days. Exact same type of screw on both occasions. First on the front left tyre, then on the rear left tyre.

I drive around the Dublin 15 / Chapelizod / Phoenix Park / Quays / Dublin 8 areas every day.

Has anybody been in the same situation or have I just been extremely unlucky? :(

Thanks
    I'm guessing somebody dropped a box of them on the road, you picked up a couple and only noticed the second one a couple of days later.

You're due a third soon. They always come in threes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

or fours....:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

...maybe five!

Jokes aside, it happens...as some said, it might very well be that the screw was in there since long ago, and now the temperature made it come loose and deflate the tire.

Years ago, my dad could not find one of his garage keys. He was sure he didn't lose it - he remembered putting it on the small desk he kept in there, only now he could not find it anymore. Anyway he had a spare one, made a copy and kept going with the "sooner or later I'll find it, it is somewhere in the garage itself".

Fast forward a couple of week, I came out of work and find a flat tire. Change it and go home. The next morning I bring the tire to repair, and the mechanic pulls a key from the rubber. You can imagine the rest :D

• Advertisement

...maybe five!

Jokes aside, it happens...as some said, it might very well be that the screw was in there since long ago, and now the temperature made it come loose and deflate the tire.

Years ago, my dad could not find one of his garage keys. He was sure he didn't lose it - he remembered putting it on the small desk he kept in there, only now he could not find it anymore. Anyway he had a spare one, made a copy and kept going with the "sooner or later I'll find it, it is somewhere in the garage itself".

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I came out of work and found a flat tire. Change it and go home. The next morning I bring the tire to repair, and the mechanic pulls a key from the rubber. You can imagine the rest :D

...maybe five!

Years ago, my dad could not find one of his garage keys. He was sure he didn't lose it - he remembered putting it on the small desk he kept in there, only now he could not find it anymore. Anyway he had a spare one, made a copy and kept going with the "sooner or later I'll find it, it is somewhere in the garage itself" thing.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I came out of work and found a flat tire. Changed it and went home. The next morning I brought the tire to repair, and the mechanic pulled a key from the rubber. You can put the pieces together :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

or to sum up, you are screwed OP

Triple post by H3llR4iser. I rest my case :P

Advertisement