Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC using the Behringer X32, a glowing endorsement?

Options
  • 17-07-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Saw this video over in the Doctor Who forum and noticed a certain desk getting plenty of screentime during the Doctor Who Proms at the Royak Albert Hall

Anybody have any real world experience with this desk yet? I'm thinking of upgrading to it sometime in the future.
    Behringer get a lot of heat online, but I've been using their SL2242FX desk regularly since 2007 and its been a great servant to me, and more than paid for itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

I'm not surprised that the bbc are using it to be honest. It's a flexible desk. I've used the x32 a few times over the past number of months, for PA, monitors & recording and I really like it. It's in no way the best desk i've used but it can't be beaten on value for money. It does so much out of the box, good dynamics, ok eq, good fx, plenty of I/O, easy to use, stable, decent pre amps, and it's a recording interface too. Just a shame that behringer have such a bad name, and deservedly so, for all their budget gear. If yamaha, or allen&heath released this it would be much better received. I'd put it in the same league as the LS9, but this does more and is a little easier to use and a fraction of the price. It'll start popping up all over the place once people start trusting it. Venues and theatres generally go with the cheapest option, and this is the best in it's class by miles. Really putting the other desk manufactures under pressure I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Is THAT why Glasto sounded so good on da telly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

40+ gigs and 10 studio sessions with one. So far so good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Lbeard

QuadLeo wrote: »
    Just a shame that behringer have such a bad name, and deservedly so, for all their budget gear.

148094d1260723936-230-million-dollar-budget-behringer-mixer-avatar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Lbeard wrote: »
    148094d1260723936-230-million-dollar-budget-behringer-mixer-avatar.jpg

What's your point? That behringer do have a good name?

It looks like that desk is being used for playback and monitoring on the studio floor. Not a critical job in fairness. I hardly think they did the avatar soundtrack mixdown on a eurodesk...

Behringer budget gear has it's place, I use the headphone preamp, DI's and a line mixer all the time. But not in my recording chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Anyone know where I can get a demo of one in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

X music are the main dealer and have not had one in six months.

You can contact Behringer directly and they'll tell you who has one.

Advertisement