Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padi Open Water Diver Manual

Options
  • 17-07-2013 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am currently taking diving lessons and would need the Padi Open Water Diver Manual.

A used one in good condition would be perfect. Or advise where to buy a new one in Dublin.

Thanks,
    Bianca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Your center should be able to supply the pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

andy_g wrote: »
    Your center should be able to supply the pack :)

Agreed. It should be included in the crewpack that comes as part of the price you paid for your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

All of the above is true. That said, if for some reason you lost yours, you could try putting a wanted ad on divegear.ie there should be plenty of old copies knocking around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Correct me if I am wrong here but afaik you need to get a new manual to get the PADI certification as the cert card is included in the pack. Therefore getting a second hand manual will not actually save you any money as you need to pay for the pack anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There is potentially a can of worms here; has Bianca paid to do a course but not been given the manual?

Has she bought a 'forgery' or 'pirate' version of the PADI OW course?

Will she arrive a a dive centre somewhere only to find (when they check) that PADI have no record of her?

If she has, it wouldn't be the first time!

I'm sure there's a less sinister explanation, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement