Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dartboard question ?.

Options
  • 17-07-2013 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭

just looking to buy a new board after a few years out of the darts scene,and wondered which i should buy.

the winmau blade4 or the unicorn eclipse pro ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

They're both good boards. I think the Unicorn one has lasted me longer than the Blade 4 but not much in it. I've also heard people say to avoid Argos as boards from there seem to be inferior.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah personally I think the Eclipse Pro is the better board but only if you buy it somewhere other than Argos, it seems as if they only stock the dodgy boards which is why they are cheaper than other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I have a Blade4 and its been far better than any Unicorn board iv ever used. Really nice dartboard and bought mine from Amazon for €20.

Havent used one yet but the Bulls Advantage II is meant to be the best dartboard on the market at the moment. Bit pricier though

BULLS_ADVANTAGE_II.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bassy

Where's the best bricks and mortar sports shop to buy at price either of the blade4 or eclipse pro ?

Cheers for the replys lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

bassy wrote: »
    Where's the best bricks and mortar sports shop to buy at price either of the blade4 or eclipse pro ?

Cheers for the replys lads.

Elverys have the Eclipse pro for 40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭bassy

djskip316i wrote: »
    Elverys have the Eclipse pro for 40

cheers picked one up for 30 euros from a guy in kilkenny that sells darts equiptment,if anyone wants hes number send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

Iv had a nodor supabull, a blade 3 and a unicorn eclipse. The nodor lasted me years but it was old style and eventually needed replacing. Got a unicorn and it was by far the worst board. The wires got embedded way into the fibres and chunks literally fell out of it. Replaced it with the blade 3 and have it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

gramar wrote: »
    They're both good boards. I think the Unicorn one has lasted me longer than the Blade 4 but not much in it. I've also heard people say to avoid Argos as boards from there seem to be inferior.

I got a new Eclipse Pro for Christmas to replace the one I originally bought in Argos about 2 years ago. Was very surprised at the difference in quality!
    I'd read comments here before that the Argos boards were inferior quality, but still couldn't believe the difference!

Advertisement