Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit and school holidays

Options
  • 17-07-2013 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Our next door neighbour is French, and a single parent with 3 kids, in receipt of social welfare, LPA, RS etc. I don't know where the other parent is.

As soon as the school holidays start the 3 kids go to France to granny and grand dad, and don't come back till the second week in September.

My understanding is the grand parents in France are quite well off.

I also understand that all Social Welfare 'entitlements' still stand during this time, even though the children are in the care of someone else of means, i.e. without being disingenuous some of the entitlements would not be allowed if the means of the grand parents were also taken into account.

Am I correct, and should this be the case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Albert X

Stop being so bitter and get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

n97 mini wrote: »
    Our next door neighbour is French, and a single parent with 3 kids, in receipt of social welfare, LPA, RS etc. I don't know where the other parent is.

As soon as the school holidays start the 3 kids go to France to granny and grand dad, and don't come back till the second week in September.

My understanding is the grand parents in France are quite well off.

I also understand that all Social Welfare 'entitlements' still stand during this time, even though the children are in the care of someone else of means, i.e. without being disingenuous some of the entitlements would not be allowed if the means of the grand parents were also taken into account.

Am I correct, and should this be the case?

Why do you care what your neighbours do? Let them live their lives and look to your own.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    This OP that focuses on a next door neighbor does not pertain to a significant discussion of Irish Economy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement