Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When you trick hindsight...

Options
  • 16-07-2013 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Oskar said to me, as I was ordering my first real glass :

"Luis, you no take lens from box if you no have protective filter"

So, I didn't.

vuKRcTa.jpg

I don't remember hitting with the glass anywhere-- I'm pretty sure I would have noticed it !

My only guess it's the heat, as the lens was left in the car for a couple hours -- but my other glass would have suffer the same fate -- so, i would like to hear any explanation or tips about what might have happened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

looks like it got a sharp knock on the side of the filter ring that was enough to shatter the filter but not damage the lens. If anything this is a good advertisement for NOT keeping filters on your lenses. All those little shards of broken glass knocking around between the filter and the front element of the lens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i see your point

Advertisement