Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog park in Phoenix Park?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here knows of any plans to have a dog park built in the Phoenix park. I have a Sibe who I don't let off the leash at all in public ( because he'd be gone in a heartbeat after something shiny or furry) and use Marlay park alot. Seems a shame that the park as big as it is has no dog specific areas. I'm a northsider and have tried St Annes which is good but not too confident about the fencing there as he can either jump them go through them or under them :P

Also would love to know somewhere I could take him swimming.. I'm just short of getting a wet suit and walking him in at this stage

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Not to my knowledge!
    Im the same, used to live beside St Annes but as gorgeous as the park is, the dog park is an absolute waste of space for tiny dogs or ones with any bounce or excitement! There is one just down the road from me in Millenium Park in Blanchardstown however!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tinyter28

Thanks,

I emailed the park and got a reply saying they had no plans in the foreseeable future which is a shame

Could out tell me a bit more about the one in millennium park? Blanch is not to far away from me. Where is millennium park?

Thanks

It's right outside the Blanchardstown shopping centre...
    Tiny park but great kids playgrounds and an enclosed dog park with play tunnels in it!!!
    Only problem is I rarely see it open! }
    Gonna get onto the council and see why its always padlocked shut!
    I usually just climb in though :P

Cool..

Will go on a scouting trip tomo :) although id say it'll be a funny sight me trying to lift 24kg of slippery husky over anything :p

Im the same....
    Can only manage it with help! :P

When she's outta heat and has the op, she could do with a doggy buddy to play with!
    The local Jack Russells dont like her looking for a chase! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

There's a specific fenced off dog area in Corkagh Park, Clondalkin where you can let dogs run free. I know its probably miles away from you but if you can't find anywhere else it might be worth the trip occassionally.

Thanks must try find that one as well!

Its closer than Marlay park :P

I heard over the weekend that the cafe up at Farmleigh allows dogs outside ( even put down water for them) incase anyone was looking. I think the vistor center is the same.

Could be handy, I was stuck over the weekend trying to find somewhere to go for coffee with mates

I didn't feel that welcomed in Farmleigh to be honest! Had been out biking around the park with the OH and the Sibe and decided on a spot of lunch...
    The workers were grumpy about us sitting to eat at the picnic tables a little further from the doors to keep the bikes and a hpyer dog out of peoples way and the waiter who eventually came out with our food wouldnt come next nor near the table grumbling about the dogs presence...

kimmyt1987

Thanks for that.. Its a shame, was hoping that they'd be sound about it. My cousin had said that the boat house is nice and she's a huge Lab.

I had a quick gander at the vistor centre last night and looks like there is a lil coffee hut there ( not inside or anything) so will try that next weekend. Can't really give out if they are outside :P

The search for a nice coffee joint will continue so :P

Advertisement