Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow people or Thin man ,. Anybody experienced this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

that experience described really does sound like sleep paralysis - "Some have dismissed her nocturnal attack as nothing but sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming".

Shadow people - imo anyway - seem to have become very popular over the past decade ... especially since tv shows started mentioning them. Our peripheral vision is pretty atrocious and of extremely low quality so the chances remain quite high that suspected shadow people are nothing more than our eyes acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

maccored wrote: »
    that experience described really does sound like sleep paralysis - "Some have dismissed her nocturnal attack as nothing but sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming".

Shadow people - imo anyway - seem to have become very popular over the past decade ... especially since tv shows started mentioning them. Our peripheral vision is pretty atrocious and of extremely low quality so the chances remain quite high that suspected shadow people are nothing more than our eyes acting up.

I acutally agree with u on this . But what strikes me as strange is the fact that so many people , from so many different walks of life , have experienced the exact same thing . Almost as if its something that is imprinted in the mind and is released every so often ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think thats because everyones eyes work the same - ie we see shadows in our peripheral vision - and society tells us to believe its shadow people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I found it quite funny that none of the pictures on that website in the OP are working.

Quoting from the article here..
    What are Shadow People?
    The perception of Shadow People differs depending on the researchers and their specialties.
    Some experts believe that the sightings have little to do with reality, but are simply people's minds playing tricks. Others think seeing a shadow person is evidence of a neurological anomaly in the region of the brain that governs sight.
    Imagination may play a role in some Shadow People experiences, argue other experts, while those with strong religious beliefs assert that the appearance of these things are nothing less than manifestations from the dimension called Hell: demonic creatures sent by Satan to torment and terrorize humans.
    Victims often report that calling on God or Jesus to help them wards off an attack.

I'd be more inclined to believe it's a common neurological trait from people who suffer with sleep paralysis. Still, it has to be said, that would be a terrifying experience. It's also curious that it manifests a similar aesthetic. Logically speaking, should it not manifest as a primal fear, rather than a shadow dressed in almost modern clothes, the wide brimmed hat & Duster/cloak is a common theme across many cases of shadow people. Why would that be?
    It's been a long time since those items of clothing were commonly worn (outside of texas) and are generally associated with law, rather than an entity with malicious intent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

On Christmas Eve there was a shadowy figure standing in the corner of my bedroom for the whole night.
    Looked like a man, very easy to make out but was sort of hunched over.
    For some odd reason I didn't feel the slightest bit scared and went to sleep as normal.
    No clue what he wanted or why he was there but for the whole night he stayed there.
    A stocky sort of build, completely black and hunched over..
    Errie stuff :O

• Advertisement
Advertisement