Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Screen Repair in dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2013 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here, i stood on my laptop getting out of bed this morning (duh... i know!) but i rely on my laptop for work so need it fixed urgently for as cheap as possible, the computer itself is fine i have it hooked up to an external monitor now and am working away on it but its a major inconvenience as i don't have the extra monitor at home.

The only place i've seen are pc world who give a link to a third party service who are charging between 2 and 3 hundred to replace a screen! Not a hope i'm forking that out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

http://electronicpartner.ie/galway-fastest-laptop-broken-screen-repair-lcd-back-light-inverter-replacement/

Electronic Partner, have you tried them?

Unfortunately, replacing any sort of screen on a device today is major hassle + major money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

They are in Galway but i sent for a quote anyway! Not too sure if id go with them though for a crowd who deal in the IT sector thir website is only half finished!? Have you any experience with them? This is an absolute disaster! In the middle of a job and just about to start another... i am a massive tit! So many expenses at the moment really could have done without this ffs! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

What exactly does major money mean? ballpark figure? I'm in a similar position myself, somehow managed to damage the screen when I was making the bed (I'll never make another bed as long as I live). My laptops a 2-3 year old Dell XPS. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper in the long term to just buy a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

i have just found a crowd in dublin in Ballymount "fixiy.ie" and they seem very reasonable! 100 euro for the screen and repair if i drop into them!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

Nobody should be paying more than 100 - 120 depending on model in Galway, Dublin or where ever

• Advertisement
Advertisement