Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairspray not selling well?

Options
  • 16-07-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭

Noticing a huge amount of activity with Hairspray - discounts/competitions/cross promoting.

Is it not selling well?

What's the likelihood of discounted tickets ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

OU812 wrote: »
    Noticing a huge amount of activity with Hairspray - discounts/competitions/cross promoting.

Is it not selling well?

What's the likelihood of discounted tickets ?

Buy the cheapest tickets, upgrades almost guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

It was here not that long ago. It's not the most amazing show ever, I'm not surprised people aren't willing to fork out expensive theatre ticket prices to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I bought tickets last week on 2for1 for Tuesday. I found the first half not outstanding or anything but the second half was exceptional. A good nights entertainment overall I think, and especially if you are getting a good price for tickets!

Friends who were there last night said it was ruined by sound problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I'm free on Monday evening and wouldn't mind going if I got discounted tickets. Would it be worth ringing the box-office to see if they could offer me a discount?

• Advertisement

I'm free on Monday evening and wouldn't mind going if I got discounted tickets. Would it be worth ringing the box-office to see if they could offer me a discount?

They won't do discounts but they will upgrade you if you buy the cheapest ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Crazy that they don't have a standby facility or some sort of discount to sell off all those empty seats on the day of performance. I would go to the Grand Canal Theatre more often if they did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Whilst I would love to be able to get reduced price tickets I don't think it would work in Dublin. The theatre audience in Dublin is too small and everyone would just wait til the last minute so all but the biggest shows would lose money.

Regarding the sound, has something changed at the theatre, why is this becoming an issue? I had never experienced any sound issues in GCT in the many times I've been, but recently I was at The Mousetrap and the sound was horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    Crazy that they don't have a standby facility or some sort of discount to sell off all those empty seats on the day of performance. I would go to the Grand Canal Theatre more often if they did this.

I agree, GCT should invest in a pop up shop in the city centre when they have a show there to offload any unsold tickets for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 greig

Guys may I suggest you send comments to justask@bgetheatre.ie with your ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

greig wrote: »
    Guys may I suggest you send comments to justask@bgetheatre.ie with your ideas.

Im sure its already been suggested. However these things will never happen in Ireland. A discount in Ireland? With Irish Greed and Pride they would rather see the seats empty than discounted. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

It has already been suggested and it seems they would rather see the seats remain empty than sell them at a discount on the day, also losing out on potential merchandise and drink revenue too!

Advertisement