Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petar Kruzic stairway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1st pic was great, you should've taken a pic every 50 steps or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Very nice, I was on those steps 10 years ago. Pretty warm reaching the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

1st pic was great, you should've taken a pic every 50 steps or so!

Ha. And a video near the top when Mark was weakly telling us to leave him there and go on without him, that we could collect him again on the way down :D
    Solyad wrote: »
    Very nice, I was on those steps 10 years ago. Pretty warm reaching the top!

Yeah it was pretty hot the day we did it as well, overcast but still over 30c. OTOH it's not as though Rijeka has much else in the way of tourist attractions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Daire,

Apologies if I've not been liking your stuff as much the last while. My finger and mouse are getting worn out from it. I seriously don't know how you get your images to look so smoooooth and textured with so much depth?

They are the simple, subtle images made sublime. Total props. All really lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Daire, since you're not shy with comments/criticism, I don't feel guilty about say that these are just holiday snaps. No offence intended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have to agree with Kelly1 on this.. I don't think they warrant a separate thread

pete4130 wrote: »
    They are the simple, subtle images made sublime. Total props. All really lovely :)

Much appreciated, sir.
    kelly1 wrote: »
    Daire, since you're not shy with comments/criticism, I don't feel guilty about say that these are just holiday snaps. No offence intended.

None taken, you'd be hard put to match the 'banal fail' comment that one of my other threads attracted :-D

but...
    Tallon wrote: »
    I have to agree with Kelly1 on this.. I don't think they warrant a separate thread

:confused: we have random subjective-quality-police now ? Trawling through the photography forum deciding who should be allowed start threads based on their interpretation of the images therein ? Well I never !

:confused: we have random subjective-quality-police now ? Trawling through the photography forum deciding who should be allowed start threads based on their interpretation of the images therein ? Well I never !

Do we? I never knew that either... You learn something new every day

I completely forgot we're only allowed to praise people and not make our opinions public knowledge...

In future, I'll just whisper to myself in a lonely room in the hope that no one hears my opinions

I completely forgot we're only allowed to praise people and not make our opinions public knowledge...

Proferring your opinion on the images is just fine. Welcomed in fact. Suggesting that I shouldn't have started a seperate thread is not. Evidently only images that you find satisfactory deserve their own threads ? Everything else should be confined tidily to the random photo thread ? That's what you're asserting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

some nice stonework there

• Advertisement

Proferring your opinion on the images is just fine. Welcomed in fact. Suggesting that I shouldn't have started a seperate thread is not. Evidently only images that you find satisfactory deserve their own threads ? Everything else should be confined tidily to the random photo thread ? That's what you're asserting.
    The images are just 'snaps' not good, they didn't warrant a thread

Sorry for giving my opinion...

The images are just 'snaps' not good, they didn't warrant a thread

:rolleyes: well I'll be sure to consult the thread police before starting a new one next time, to see if they think the images are good enough for their own special little thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

first image is by far the standout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Banal triumph.

:rolleyes: well I'll be sure to consult the thread police before starting a new one next time, to see if they think the images are good enough for their own special little thread.

You keep mentioning these police, but I don't see them

Maybe you should grow up Daire, and get a thicker skin

Got forbid someone's opinion differs from your own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Allo allo allo... you're nicked Quinlan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Now look what I've started. Sorry!

We also walked along the coast from Volosko to Opatija. Opatija has been full of villas since about Roman times. In the 19th centurys the Austrian aristocracy apparently loved the place, then the Italians, Nowadays the russians are apparently buying them all up as tax havens. Decayed grandeur is where it's at (or 'yellowing laundromat' alternatively)

9301688275_45b7d0939f_z.jpg

9304465820_fc1a129250_z.jpg

9304457356_94ff83881d_z.jpg

9304464080_f60b7e0605_z.jpg

9301681537_12998670c0_z.jpg

9304459110_07412f39c6_z.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i prefer the second set.

Advertisement