Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Athlone 2013/2014

Options
  • 15-07-2013 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I was offered a place as mature student on general nursing course in Athlone, just wondering are there any others heading to Athlone in September??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Been there the last 2 years, you won't be alone as there are a lot of mature students in AIT.
    Have another 2 years to go and I love it. Can't wait for September to get back

• Registered Users Posts: 13 meganmaher21

I am looking forward to it, can't wait to just get started. Do you commute to Athlone everyday?

yeh but i'm only 20mins from the college and my brother is doing the same course so we take turns!

That's handy I'm going to be travelling an hour each way so hopefully will meet someone else going the same direction, and share!!

where you coming from?

• Advertisement

Roscrea, Co. Tipperary.. Am doing nursing so a lot of the course is placement so hopefully ill be placed in Portlaoise or Tullamore. =)

yeh that'd be handy, someone else will surely be coming from that direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yummymummy82

Hi my sister did nursing in Athlone as a mature student, qualified in 2011 (I think) she's now gone on to do her masters in nursing there too. Loved it, but I know on the placement side of things you definitely will be doing time in all three of the hospitals, Mullingar, Tullamore and Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eimear collins

hi, I would love to go to athlone next year to do general nursing, just the placements are my only problem, im wondering could someone tell me more about the placements? do you have to get accommodation near hospital or do u carpool or what? :) ..thanks a million!!

Advertisement