Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Course

Options
  • 15-07-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any thoughts on any of the Photography courses in Limerick.

There is the creative Photography in LSAD whilst LCFE has

Photography Digital - SLR Digital Camera* (FETAC LEVEL 5)
    Photography Digital: Beginners, Point & Shoot Pocket Cameras
    Photography Techniques - SLR Digital & Film Cameras* (FETAC LEVEL 5)
    Photography: Beginners SLR Cameras

I think the one in LSAD looks a bit better to be honest
    http://www.lit.ie/FlexibleLearning/Courses/Pages/3.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Anyone have any thoughts on any of the Photography courses in Limerick.

http://www.lit.ie/FlexibleLearning/Courses/Pages/3.aspx

I'd be interested in doing this too so if anyone has any comments (good or bad) I'd appreciate it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I did photography course at local VEC in Bray about 15 years ago, it was film based and altough I already had a lot of experience I was returning to photography after a long break, so wanted to get back to basics. As the weeks went by the course lecturer suggested I do the Fetac Level 5 exams and I'm happy that I did. As I recall there was requirement to produce a images exploring different camera controls and a portfolio of 4-5 styles of photography (sports, portrait etc). There was also an essay to write, comparing the work of two photographers.

So if the Fetac based course includes that type of structure, I'd say it's worthwhile, it gives very good grounding in learning camera controls and challenges you a little too.

Advertisement