Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best value bin service provider in waterford city?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Just thinking about changing my current provider, who is the best value for money in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Obviously been on the news recently, looking into possible switch have been on same plan for years and in general had little to complain to greenstar about but my bills are all over the place last few months, rang them up and they said I'm on
    8.25 standing monthly charge,
    12.80 (for black bin
    3.20 for recycling bin
    5.50 for compost.

What you paying?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭BBM77

If you are not putting the bins out often you may be better of using these guys, their pay as you go.

https://kollect.ie/

I used them last week and had no problems. I live on my own and I would not spend the yearly standing charge the other companies charge on the few times a year I put the bins out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

BBM77 wrote: »
    If you are not putting the bins out often you may be better of using these guys, their pay as you go.

https://kollect.ie/

I used them last week and had no problems. I live on my own and I would not spend the yearly standing charge the other companies charge on the few times a year I put the bins out.

Definitely worth look,I put my bins out a lot, any other companies? They don't seem to publish their rates so wondering what people paying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i use kollect and its a great service, couldnt fault it. no ties to contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dzilla

kollect.ie has saved me some money to be honest. there is only 2 of us in the house and we where putting the bins out half empty.

now its just a case of waiting till its full and you'd be surprised the amount ya can pack in.

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »
    kollect.ie has saved me some money to be honest. there is only 2 of us in the house and we where putting the bins out half empty.

now its just a case of waiting till its full and you'd be surprised the amount ya can pack in.

and hes a local from tramore and a nice guy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I used kollect for the first time two weeks ago, the bin was kollected, the live help feature is very handy on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dzilla

and hes a local from tramore and a nice guy too

Yeah I don't know them personally but I had to use the live help before and they where very helpful and really liked the feedback, they seem passionate enough about the website/system

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

resurrecting this thread. Thinking about changing bin provider this year - people still happy with kollect?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Had too much hassle with kollect myself so went to oxigen pay as as you go. No problems since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

furry wrote: »
    resurrecting this thread. Thinking about changing bin provider this year - people still happy with kollect?
    Thanks!

They've been great for me - even when there have been problems they text me to tell me what happened (or didn't!) and why and the re-arranged collection date. All I ask is to be kept in the loop and they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

great - thanks for replies. south what specifically were the problems?

im happy out with kollect.

however, u need either a council bin or a blank bin, they wont collect ure rubbish if u have another companies name on it, oxigen etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

im happy out with kollect.

however, u need either a council bin or a blank bin, they wont collect ure rubbish if u have another companies name on it, oxigen etc
    Why is this?

And could you not just put a piece of blank plastic over the other providers name anyway?

yea u can do that too

because the bins belong to those companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

furry wrote: »
    great - thanks for replies. south what specifically were the problems?

They regularly missed pickup days,sometimes stopping outside and looking at the bin before driving off again. When it happened the fourth time in a row i just stopped using them and went with the oxigen pay as you go. Most people that use them find them great so maybe i was an exception rather than the rule. Oxigen have worked out a lot better for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thinking of using Kollect. I will need 2 bins, 1 recycle and 1 general waste. what size bins do they supply.
    Thanks.

Thinking of using Kollect. I will need 2 bins, 1 recycle and 1 general waste. what size bins do they supply.
    Thanks.

standard size

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thank you. Appreciated.

Advertisement