Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a torch

Options
  • 15-07-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm in the market for a torch at the moment. I have an aqua lung €60 job at the moment but it doesn't really cut the mustard in Dublin bay.
    I'd be hoping to get a 2nd hand one- price range €150-200, preferably LED but doesn't have to be. I'd just prefer not to burn the house down if I leave it on out of the water :pac:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Led all the way . Plenty of unbilicals on The market . Newer LEDs are better than the older ones

Check on divegear.ie or on thedivefourm or yorkshirdivers

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Most on divegear seem to be halogens or lower end stuff. Kowalski seem to be pretty damn good?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Great tourch but expensive when something breaks or goes wrong . Alot of the stuff being sold may be to make way for the newer better stuff .

I have a green force tourch and is great . Have a look at the spec on their web site and prices on diverswharehouse.com

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm in the market for a torch at the moment. I have an aqua lung €60 job at the moment but it doesn't really cut the mustard in Dublin bay.
    I'd be hoping to get a 2nd hand one- price range €150-200, preferably LED but doesn't have to be. I'd just prefer not to burn the house down if I leave it on out of the water :pac:

Thanks

Tektite make excellent torches. The LS5 is within your budget. Makes a great primary or an outstanding backup for when you get a canister :-)

http://www.tek-tite.co.uk/acatalog/LED_Torches.html

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Anyone use a Kowalski 1250? Not LED but is it a decent lamp?

• Advertisement
Advertisement