Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paranormal conventions

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

Is there an appetite in Ireland for paranormal conventions? Theres one in the north next year - but besides being a place to sell books etc, ive never been able to figure out the point of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I like them just to go along and to see what crazy out there things people believe work in their 'investigations', some of the talks can be interesting also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i always remember the 'ufo' one in one of the Dublin conventions. I couldnt stick the whole talk though, so i got up and left.

If its the one I think your on about then, I was in awe at how the speaker thought a clearly pixilated/edited photo would prove anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I got sick of it costing me loads of money. Would probably go to one if someone else organised it but I think the whole "paranormal thing" has dried out. Far less people involved in it noawadays

thats a good thing if you ask me. I'll dig out that date for that one in belfast in 2014. offhand, thats all I know about it.

• Advertisement

thats it - well http://www.allirelandparacon.com/ . Interesting the two teams that are organising it have completely different views on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The "all Ireland paracon"? What is it with paranormal groups and geographical locations?

i think you'll find its a regular thing in ireland regardless of what its for. 'All Ireland' is a regular term, used by many organisations for many events, more than likely used to ensure no-one feels left out.

is 'IPI' the boys behind the BBC show?

• Advertisement

no, it isn't (I just answered myself)

Riamfada wrote: »
    The "all Ireland paracon"? What is it with paranormal groups and geographical locations?

There is a copyright infringement there .

Advertisement