Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewall Upgrade

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭

Some advice please.. - a small charity I assist with IT matters has been informed by their IT Provider that their firewall is no longer supported and needs to be replaced - they are proposing a FortiGate-60D bundle. The cost is over €1k but they say they will configure "for free"

Does this sound excessive? Its a lot of money for them..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

What charity do you assist?

There's an organisation called EncludeIT (www.encludeit.org) that works with companies like Cisco for discounted hardware and software. You can get a Cisco ASA 5505 for €130 or a 5510 for €343 if the charity meets the eligibility criteria for the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

What charity do you assist?

There's an organisation called EncludeIT (www.encludeit.org) that works with companies like Cisco for discounted hardware and software. You can get a Cisco ASA 5505 for €130 or a 5510 for €343 if the charity meets the eligibility criteria for the program.

Are you associated with them? Does that include configuration? The it company provides other support for which a contract is in place and that complicates things. The cisco and fortinet firewalls seem comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

No I'm not associated with them but a charity I do work for has bought stuff from them including a 5505

You could always ask the IT company if they support Cisco firewalls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Having looked at the qualifying criteria, they would not qualify I'm afraid (faith-based charity), but thanks for the advice

Advertisement