Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Tax Credits question!!

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there,

I don't really fully understand the idea of tax to be honest... I've been scratching my head while read the revenue.ie site.

Last year, I worked for 9 months, full time. I was emergency taxed for the first month.

What I'm wondering, is if I'm entitled to any Tax Credits from this job?

How can I check if I'm owed anything from my taxes?

I've been unemployed for three months but just started a Jobbridge internship two weeks ago.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

For 2012 - request a balancing statement from Revenue - if you are registered for PAYE Anytime you can do it online - it's also also handy to check that you have all the credits you are entiltled to

• Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

All workers are entitled to the standard tax credit, which is 1650 for single people.

People who pay tax through PAYE system are entitled to the PAYE tax credit, also 1650.

So most workers get 1650 + 1650 = 3300 tax credits.

This means that they can earn 16,500 without paying any tax.

Advertisement