Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a 32 gb sd card for lumia 820

Options
  • 14-07-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Any idea where the best place to buy one of these would be? I see see some incredibly cheap ones on ebay although i believe they are reworked 4gb ones.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

I bought a "SanDisk 32GB Ultra MicroSDHC Class 10 " for my Nokia Lumia 820 and it's not recognised. I read a couple of threads on the web and it's a common issue that Nokia is aware of - some SD cards are just not compatible.

However, most seem to recommend the card I tried (Class 10) - though there are also a few comments that counter that claim, saying you shoudl use a Class 4!!

Any Nokia Lumia 820 users got some recommendations on specific cards that definitely work?? The Nokia site doesn't recommend a card. It just says it's not compatible with all - and I dont want to waste money with trial and error on different cards

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

marcus2000 wrote: »
    I bought a "SanDisk 32GB Ultra MicroSDHC Class 10 " for my Nokia Lumia 820 and it's not recognised. I read a couple of threads on the web and it's a common issue that Nokia is aware of - some SD cards are just not compatible.

However, most seem to recommend the card I tried (Class 10) - though there are also a few comments that counter that claim, saying you should use a Class 4!!

Any Nokia Lumia 820 users got some recommendations on specific cards that definitely work?? The Nokia site doesn't recommend a card. It just says it's not compatible with all - and I dont want to waste money with trial and error on different cards

Cheers

I have that card in my 820 and it's working fine - so far anyway. I have photos on it and transferred apps to it today after the 8.1 update.

for anyone intereseted, there's a sale on kingston cards today only on amazon.com if you have relatives in the US who could take delivery and post it back to you..

kingston memory sale - 32gb is $17 , 64gb is $29

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Beagslife

Hi,

I went for a Samsung 32GB Class 6 from Amazon.

I went for the Class 6 based on various articles, which stated that Class 10, while great for video and photos, was too fast for many normal smartphone activities. Sorry that's not very technical.

Anyway, I have it for close to a year now, with no issues.

MC

Advertisement