Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grrenes 'Replacement ' Restaurant Maynooth?

Options
  • 14-07-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Has this opened as was proposed during Irish open at carton?I was out of country at time.Any feedback?Someone here said the 'new' deli is ok ...Used LOVE al fresco @ Greenes -certainly got the weather now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

A place called Tansey's there now. Haven't tried it though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Rumour has it that the new restaurant will be opening in the next few weeks ,it sounds promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

Popped round Weston Aerodrome for a look today .Basic cafe service in place for the staff.BUT major renovations of restaurant in progress and a sign saying new restaurant in place in next while...Bucaneer RAF bomber jet and some interesting vintage US planes there also(Lockeed Electra , Grumman Widgeon and a Cessna on floats ??) Plenty of aerial activity in evidence also ...Place far from dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

2011abc wrote: »
    Popped round Weston Aerodrome for a look today .Basic cafe service in place for the staff.BUT major renovations of restaurant in progress and a sign saying new restaurant in place in next while...Bucaneer RAF bomber jet and some interesting vintage US planes there also(Lockeed Electra , Grumman Widgeon and a Cessna on floats ??) Plenty of aerial activity in evidence also ...Place far from dead!

I think you're a bit lost...

Nope just giving an update on another local restaurant .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Ah here... nothing to do with the thread topic, the town, the county, or indeed, the forum! You're officially lost. :cool:
    Let me help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

SQ2 wrote: »
    Ah here... nothing to do with the thread topic, the town, the county, or indeed, the forum! You're officially lost. :cool:
    Let me help you

Can an OP be scolded for derailing their own thread? :)

Thanks Sadie for rowing in ,I was feeling a bit hard done by meself !Doesnt the Weston aerodrome include some of Kildare !?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only the stopway. Runway and terminal are in Dublin

As SQ2 reported elsewhere The Gatehouse (Greenes 'replacement' is now open ) and its REALLY good!Just back from lunch (only open till 5pm for next 7/10 days but full service starting very soon)Had lovely black pudding with poached egg on a ciabatta with Bearnaise sauce starter(5.90) and moroccan lamb with chickpea ,red onion and tzatziki warm wrap .Mrs had Tuna wrap which she loved(both around 7.50?).Desserts were pear scone (1.95) and gorgeous lemon tart with clotted cream (5).White wine v nice (5.50)

Decor has been changed completely inside (white!)Staff very efficient and friendly .Greenes used be one of my faves but now I have a new one !(Still think new owners were crazy to wait so long to reopen though!Hopefully they will attract business ,great quality /value point there right now )

• Advertisement
Advertisement