Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pre-orders at Gamesnash (incl. GTA V)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

For preorders do Gamesnash take the full payment immediately or only on dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Still hoping for word on Tales of Xillia. I'm going to have to order on amazon soon if nothing gets said here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

lertsnim wrote: »
    For preorders do Gamesnash take the full payment immediately or only on dispatch?

I believe they take full payment straight away. Would be handy if it was taken on dispatch and you could top up your account whenever you had some spare cash.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

lertsnim wrote: »

Hi lertsnim - I sent you a PM about this. But for the public record :) from our own site .....
    Your security and how we protect you.

We believe that customer security is the most important aspect of any transaction on the internet. We therefore do not handle credit card payments directly ourselves and employ the services of Sagepay for all credit card transactions. During the checkout process you will be directed to Sagepay's secure site to enter your credit card details etc before being directed back to Gamesnash to confirm the transaction. At no point do we have access to your card details.

Gamesnash are members of the "Verified by Visa" and "Secured by Mastercard" programs. These programs are the internet equivelent of the chip and pin system. These systems confirm your identity when you make purchases at participating online stores by prompting the user to enter a password confirming them as the real owners of the card. This means that should your card ever be lost or stolen it cannot be used by anyone else who does not have your password. If you have not registered your Visa or Mastercard for the above programs you will be prompted by your own bank at checkout to sign up for the program. ( Some card issuers will not allow the transaction to proceed if the customer decides not to sign up to the veirifcation process ) You register your card just once, and create your own password. Then, when you make purchases at participating online stores including Gamesnash, a Verified by Visa or Secured by Mastercard window from your bank will appear. Simply enter your password and click submit. Your identity is verified and the purchase is secure. Please be assured that any passwords created and entered our done so at your own banks site and Gamesnash do not have access to these details.

Why we use outside card processors.

We believe that online retailers that directly handle customer credit card details must back this up with state of the art security systems to guard against the potential misuse of customer card details. This requires an enormous investment to maintain and the vast majority of online retailers are not in a position to do this. Unfortunately a lot of online retailers capture customers card details through their websites and then manually key these details into a credit card terminal. This is of course wide open to abuse. Some retailers will hold your card details until such time as payment has been fully processed. Although this payment is processed online it does mean that your card details are protected solely by the strength of the security systems in place on that particulars site and servers. The reason why some online retailers process cards in this manner is because bank charges to the retailer are cheaper. We feel that the savings made by exposing customer card details in this manner are simply not worth it.

Payment processing and pre orders.

When a payment is made using a credit card in a high street store or online the following process occurs:
    • The retailers card processor checks with the card issuers bank that the funds are available and requests authorisation to proceed with the transaction.
    • The card issuer either declines the transaction or gives authorisation to the retailer to proceed.
    • This authorisation is valid for between 5-21days depending on the card issuer involved. During that time the retailers bank can proceed with the transaction and fully capture the funds involved. In the high street the transaction is completed immediately but online retailers will generally wait until the order is being shipped before completing the transaction. After this time limit has expired the retailer can no longer capture the funds unless a new transaction is made.
    • Due to the time limits involved in the authorisation process and our security policy of not holding customers card details on file all pre orders made at Gamesnash will be charged to the card holder within 5-21 days of the order being placed depending on the card holders bank and in some circumstances your card will be charged before the order is ready to ship. Pre orders can be cancelled at any time and a full refund will be issued.

Basically this means we currently charge cards at the upper end of the time limits for the pre authorisations expiry so if you order early enough then yes your card would be charged. This is why we tend to only put up pre orders the month before release. The games Sheehy83 posted up in the OP we have been getting a lot of requests to list early so people can trade in against them now. ( @Sheehy83 - Will see what I can do re getting Batman up early)

That said we are looking to move hosting platforms which would see us integrate a delayed payment processing / card storing at an external processors. Watch this space is all I can say at the moment though!
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Still hoping for word on Tales of Xillia. I'm going to have to order on amazon soon if nothing gets said here.

We will be stocking it but it's not coming out until some time in 2014. (It slipped from the originally predicted summer 2013 release)

Edit - Sorry I have just seen on another thread you are on about the 1st one - My mistake. Am working on getting this clarified.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only game I want there is gta 5 and tales of xillia(which is not listed),not bothering with fifa this year,gonna go with pro evo ;).

• Advertisement

Only game I want there is gta 5 and tales of xillia(which is not listed),not bothering with fifa this year,gonna go with pro evo ;).

Might not myself to be honest.

Cant get in touch with gamesnash to put in my pre order (Want to see can I use paypal)

They're usually lightning quick at responding to emails and answering PMs.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Cant get in touch with gamesnash to put in my pre order (Want to see can I use paypal)

They're usually lightning quick at responding to emails and answering PMs.

Boom ;)

We're going to have paypal turned back on as a general payment method shortly.

Advertisement