Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerns regarding Water Safety

Options
  • 14-07-2013 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi all,

As i am sure you are all aware more than a handful of people have drowned this week alone. Over 140 drowned last year in Irish waters. Despite all the water safety campaigns people still continue to act foolishly around water. Drinking before swimming, swimming in unknown areas, swimming after exercise, alone etc. This issue has been concerning me around the clock. Just as its lethal to sit behind the wheel with alcohol the same applies swimming after consumption of alcohol.

To drive past almost all water areas now is an eye opener. Can's thrown everywhere. Kids left running around loose, diving etc.

As a person trained to instruct water safety it troubles me greatly and I want to do something about it. I want to reach out to all those teens to adults that approach the water like its a basin of water. Would you run with a loaded gun? in my eyes that's the same as entering unknown water. What do you believe is the best way to get the message to these people?
    Tagged:

Advertisement