Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer will not shut down

Options
  • 14-07-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi. I wonder if anybody else is having this problem?. For the past month or so my PC will not shut down - when it comes to "Windows is shutting down" it stays there and will not shut down. I was speaking to a friend in Dublin (I am in Cork) and they said that they are having the exact same problem. Its strange as I have a Dell desktop and they have a Sony Vaio laptop. I rang UPC but they said that it is a computer problem - strange how we both have the same problem. Does anybody have any ideas what is happenning?. Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

check the programs that are running in task manager.

Turn on your pc and enter through safe mode (pressing F8 should bring up that option).
    Then choose shut down, and see if it shuts down no problems that way.

If it does, sounds like there's a program running that isn't shutting down correctly, and this is causing the freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Hi looking around. Apologies for not replying but I had to go into hospital at short notice. Thank you so much for your advice. I have not tried it yet but you could well be correct. Many thanks again and apologies :)

Advertisement