Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adwords - Cost ?

Options
  • 13-07-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi.

Have any of you paid for google adwords?
    Can you tell me what the charging structure is?
    I went to their site and they were looking for Credit Card details
    before i could find out what the cost is?

Appreciate it if anyone can let me know their experiences.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well there are lots of scenarios ..

You can have a daily budget of $5
    You can have a monthly budget of $100 etc

You can go the impression model of 1000 impressions for $5
    Depedant on your keyword some impressions are more expensive than others .. 1000 impressions for insurance.. could be $1000

So in essence you can spend as much as or little as you want .. once off or per monthly basis..

Happy spending :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Would need more information.

Are you looking for conversions or are you marketing a new product. What industry are you in? What will be your targeted area?

It depends on what you want, if you are looking for position one in UK/Ireland and your in insurance, it's going to cost you anything up to 10 euro a click, possibly even more.

You pay what you want to really, bud depending on the quality of your account and your strategies, your price will vary. You can set a daily budget and work with that. Pay whatever CPC you like, run it for a while and assess the data you receive. You can then base your future pricing strategies on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

AZTEC818 wrote: »
    Can you tell me what the charging structure is?
    Your ad is displayed (called an 'impression') each time it's triggered by your chosen keywords and phrases. You are charged each time your ad is 'clicked'. You could have 10000 impression in a day and only 10 clicks or you could have 500 impressions in a day and 250 clicks. This all depends on your keywords and how 'competitive' they are.

The more competitive your keyword the more expensive a click is going to be with some really competitive words being really expensive (€1+ per click) to very low-competitive words that might only be €0.02 per click. You can also set a max CPC (cost per click) for high competition words but this will display your ad lower down in the list of ads.

Google Adwords and how to maximise it's efficiency is a whole industry/profession within itself. Good luck!

Advertisement