Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Problem

Options
  • 13-07-2013 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Is anybody having trouble with their netflix? I'm currently making my way through Burn Notice on the us version of the app but every time an episode finishes and another one starts I get the error "This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title" followed by error code aip-703. This has happened for almost all of season 3, part of season 2 and every episode of season 4 so far. When it happens I usually end up having to quit and restart the software but sometimes it takes a full system restart to fix. Wondering if anybody has had similar problems and what they've done to remedy it? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

pajopearl wrote: »
    Is anybody having trouble with their netflix? I'm currently making my way through Burn Notice on the us version of the app but every time an episode finishes and another one starts I get the error "This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title" followed by error code aip-703. This has happened for almost all of season 3, part of season 2 and every episode of season 4 so far. When it happens I usually end up having to quit and restart the software but sometimes it takes a full system restart to fix. Wondering if anybody has had similar problems and what they've done to remedy it? Cheers.

Netflix have updated it on the PS3 to stop VPNs working on it. That's the why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Netflix have updated it on the PS3 to stop VPNs working on it. That's the why

So if I uninstall updates it should fix the issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't think you can use it at all without updating can you? It won't let you use an older version afaik.

Second what dozen says there. Had an updated Netflix on one ps and an older one on another. The older one kept cutting out. Just gave up and updated it.

Yeah the American netflix has stopped working for me on PS3 in the last week or two.

The exact same problem as the OP but even if I quit our or restart the PS3 it wont let me watch any American content and I get the same message.

• Advertisement

Gonna pm you something Pajo. will you try it and let me know how you get on?

Gonna pm you something Pajo. will you try it and let me know how you get on?

Followed the instructions on that link. I'm amazed its worked. Cheers for that.

EDIT: That is to say its worked so far. Be interested to see what happens when the next episode starts.

Followed the instructions on that link. I'm amazed its worked. Cheers for that.

EDIT: That is to say its worked so far. Be interested to see what happens when the next episode starts.

No bother. Gonna do it myself when I'm home. Pity Netflix are doing this. Obviously getting pressure from somewhere.

Can you PM me the link as well lads. Thanks

Can you PM me the link as well lads. Thanks

I'll bang it onto you later when in home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

can i get a pm aswell lads please

I've actually only just seen the link you referred to. I went back over it coz it only worked for one episode of my show. It was then I realized wot I had done wrong. I changed the DNS settings as instructed instead of clickin on the link and that's what worked. Bottom line, the link doesn't work either.

This is a damn shame. We pay the same subscription as American customers, yet we are only entitled to watch shows aimed at a British market. The only thing I can see which is culturally relevant to Ireland in the catalogue is Taffin FFS. Surely as customers the entire catalogue should be opened up to us, no? I mean, if its a case that the film classifications board hasn't rated anything yet, isn't that their job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I've actually only just seen the link you referred to. I went back over it coz it only worked for one episode of my show. It was then I realized wot I had done wrong. I changed the DNS settings as instructed instead of clickin on the link and that's what worked. Bottom line, the link doesn't work either.

This is a damn shame. We pay the same subscription as American customers, yet we are only entitled to watch shows aimed at a British market. The only thing I can see which is culturally relevant to Ireland in the catalogue is Taffin FFS. Surely as customers the entire catalogue should be opened up to us, no? I mean, if its a case that the film classifications board hasn't rated anything yet, isn't that their job?

Presumably it's licensing issue, American networks happy to sell shows to US Netflix but looking to make deals with international broadcasters. Unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've been getting that error code too on and off for maybe two weeks now but a quick restart of netflix or the ps3 usually does the trick.

I've been getting that error code too on and off for maybe two weeks now but a quick restart of netflix or the ps3 usually does the trick.

Up until yesterday that's what I was doing and problem solved. The machine has actually made the effort to redirect me back to the UK version since and I am soooooo not happy. Having to now look for streams or torrents to finish a show I was 3.5 seasons thru (out of 7) is proving a pain in the rectum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Was happening to me but just went away then now it works fine.If it does happen i just restart or if using a vpn with DNS change I reset the DNS to automatic go into netflix then quit out and put in the DNS given and go back in and all works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Up until yesterday that's what I was doing and problem solved. The machine has actually made the effort to redirect me back to the UK version since and I am soooooo not happy. Having to now look for streams or torrents to finish a show I was 3.5 seasons thru (out of 7) is proving a pain in the rectum :pac:

Torrents? What the hell are they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry folks, no discussion of regional bypassing allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement