Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Gaelic Grounds on Sunday

Options
  • 12-07-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

My 2 boys are really into hurling so I promised to bring them to the Munster Final and we got tickets so all very excited!

However what will parking be like? I've never been to a match in Limerick and will be travelling from Cork - what would be the best place to park?

If this is not the right place to post this thread - please move it as appropriate.

thanks
    Molly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

molly111 wrote: »
    My 2 boys are really into hurling so I promised to bring them to the Munster Final and we got tickets so all very excited!

However what will parking be like? I've never been to a match in Limerick and will be travelling from Cork - what would be the best place to park?

If this is not the right place to post this thread - please move it as appropriate.

thanks
    Molly
    Parking wise ,the limerick lads on their thread would advise you the best spots ,I normally park in the city and walk out myself.

In relation to travelling from Cork,allow your self extra time on the road as their are big delays from the buttevant side,due to road works and only one lane opening.Cahermee was also on in buttevant today so they will.more than likely be still doing a clean up their which could also delay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Parking wise ,the limerick lads on their thread would advise you the best spots ,I normally park in the city and walk out myself.

In relation to travelling from Cork,allow your self extra time on the road as their are big delays from the buttevant side,due to road works and only one lane opening.Cahermee was also on in buttevant today so they will.more than likely be still doing a clean up their which could also delay you.

If you want to get home before 9pm I would suggest getting to Limerick early and parking in the south city centre and walk across the bridge.

You can park quite close to the GG on the north side and in the shopping centre across the road but you will be forever getting out afterwards.

Another option is that there is park and ride for the game from Woodlands hotel Adare and South Court Hotel in Dooradoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Uberted

The following is the Garda Traffic Management Plan to cater for the Munster Final - Limerick V Cork - at the Gaelic Grounds, Ennis Road, Limerick City on Sunday afternoon/evening on the 14th July 2013.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, serif]The Garda advice to patrons is to arrive in plenty of time to park up cars legally, i.e. not causing obstruction, on green areas or on locations where parking is prohibited. Cars illegally parked will be ticketed and those causing obstruction are likely to be towed away by Gardai. Patrons are advised to use Street & Off Street Parking in the City and avail of the Bus Éireann service from Lower Henry Street to travel or to take the 20 / 25 minutes to walk out to the venue as they will be caught up in traffic if they cross any of the bridges in the City out to the venue. Patrons are also advised to avail of the Park & Ride service that will be provided from Woodlands, Adare / South Court, Raheen, Eastway Business Park and other locations around the City. The service providers have been requested to use the Tunnel to travel to these locations. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, serif]The following road closures and diversions will be in place from 11.00am on Sunday 14th July 2013. [/FONT]
    Closures/Diversions:
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, serif]Road Closures/diversions will likely to apply from 11.00 am onwards at the following locations;[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, serif]Ennis Rd. at its junction with Ivan’s Cross – traffic will be diverted to Northern Ring Road and towards Clonmacken [/FONT]
    Ennis Road at its junction with Sarsfield Bridge – traffic will be diverted along Clancy & O’Callaghan’s Strand.
    Roundabout at Salesian School, Fernbank (Off Condell Road) – Traffic will not be permitted to travel onto North Circular road or onto Shelbourne Road
    Shelbourne Road / Hassett’s Cross – no traffic permitted to travel up Shelbourne Road
    Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Drive
    Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper
    Old Cratloe Road at its junction with Mayorstone Upper & LIT Roundabout(Merval Pk.)
    Traffic restrictions will also be in place in Farranshone/Stenson Park and in the Clonmacken and Ennis road areas.
    Gardai are advising patrons from Cork and West Limerick to use the Tunnel if they intend to drive but to expect delays in the Clonmacken / Condell Road areas following the game.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, serif]Road closures will not apply to local residents or those with official passes. Any queries in relation to Road Closures can be directed to Mayorstone Garda Station at 061 456980 or Henry Street Garda Station 061 212400. [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Don't bother parking in The Jetland SC across from the stadium. Even if you arrive there early enough to get a space, you'll be over an hour trying to get out with all that traffic. There was only 20,000 at the Limerick-Tipp game, we parked in there for it. It still took us 30 minutes to get out of the place after the game. God knows how long it would take you with 44,000 people on Sunday.

I wouldn't park anywhere near the Gaelic Grounds itself. Either park in the city centre - I'd recommend Roches St, Catherine St, or Upper Henry St, and walk out the 25 minutes to the stadium. Or you could get the park and ride from the Southcourt Hotel in Raheen, which is on the Patrickswell/Cork side of the city - literally the first building on the left as you enter the city.

Just don't go driving all the way out to the Ennis Road and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭molly111

thanks for all the info - think I might go with the park'n'ride option in the South Court hotel ....all we need now is a win (fingers crossed)

• Advertisement
Advertisement