Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop from PC World UK

Options
  • 12-07-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking at getting a new laptop. She is willing to pay up to £500 for it. She lives in the UK and wants to get it from PC World. The one she is looking at, at the moment is this:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/samsung-series-3-3530e-15-6-laptop-20582415-pdt.html

She will mainly use it for day to day stuff, like browsing, skype etc. But she also takes a lot of photos, so maybe a small bit of editing, nothing heavy though, just family shots etc. This seems like a pretty nice laptop to me.

Any input?
    Thanks

P.S only thing I noticed about that laptop is,no USB 3.0, but dont think she is too concerned about that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

would she not be willing to buy online? or shop around?

Shops are going to be putting alot of the their old stock (intel 3rd gen) on sale as the 4th gen intel CPU is now out.

She doesn't sound like she needs much at all. But if she kept an eye on sales she could get something decent quite cheap.
    OR, if she waited for a 4th gen CPU (quad cores), they have an amazing battery life .. currently recorded at anywhere between 6-10 hours. However, I don't expect them to be in stores for another month or two, at least.

Also on the link it says I5-2XXX (the 2 generally stands for 2nd gen, stay away... aim for I3/I5/I7-3XXX)
    She could save about a hundred quid if she'd be open to buying online, say from amazon? who btw, generally have very good customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

She has vouchers for PC World and wants the laptop before she goes away in a couple of weeks.

What do you think of this?
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/dell-5521-5247-15-6-laptop-silver-21307811-pdt.html

She has had a Dell for over 7 years and its never failed her.

Advertisement